Sunday, April 15, 2007

I changed my mind


Katie once asked me what animal I thought she would be if she were not human. I thought for a split second and then answered with great certainty, "A Hippo!" To which Katie yelled, "Whhhhhhaaattttt! I'm not fat!" So I explained that it wasn't because she was fat...she was a skinny mini. I thought she would be a hippo because they look all sweet and innocent...like they wouldn't hurt a fly, but really they are mean and will maul you if you get in their face. Well, that is Katie...she is actually very feisty.
Well, not that many years have gone by and she has released that inner demon...she hasn't kicked me in the face for YEARS...long story. Anyway, I now think that Katie would be a raccoon. She's a little compulsive...and she kind of makes giggly noises like raccoons do. (when she isn't doing her piggy snort laugh) She also eats a lot like them. Her hands and skinny fingers turn her food and stuff little niblets in her mouth at incredible speeds. Yep, Katie is a little long legged coon but luckily she saves her legs.

3 comments:

Wolfgang (pronounced Voolf-gong) said...

But I don't have bags under my eyes!! ahaha. beautiful.

Netter said...

Well, you do after a night of party hopping...you, wild thing, you!

Court said...

K. So you did more homework on the animals? I did not know that about hippos. Disney did not do a good job at depicting them..