Monday, April 16, 2007

Our Spring Nor' Easter

Well, this is what 30 minutes to high tide looked like today. Notice the ramp on to the floating dock is sticking up in the air. The wheels were not touching. That rarely happens. I know what you are thinking...the bay looks a little furry or something. It almost looks like dry prairie grass. Well, sorry but its crap from the marshland. Bits of dead plant material that was either blown free at low tide or was pounded loose as the tide rose. It was extremely windy on Sunday. Lots of power lines down, trees down, and lots of flooded streets. Our street was fine. the amount of garbage that washes up is always repulsive. I can't stand it. I usually pick out all the not degradable material that I can reach. You have to be careful this time of the year because that water is freeeezing. Anyway, here is a view toward Bay Colony and Freeport. I saw a pic online of some Freeport streets that were completely flooded. Sucks for them. Our only huge issue was the spruce tree. Cliffs FAVORITE tree. OMG, he was freaking out the night before when he noticed it had decided it was tired of standing up straight in all that wind. The neighbors fence isn't doing so well because of it..but oh well. Anyway, I spent a good hour being laughed out on the phone today. Cliff wanted me to find someone to come look at the tree and to try to save it. Yeah right...everyone said unless the thing was stickin through your home and it was raining in, we'd have to wait until at least Wednesday. I'm fine with it. It's not like its going to fall on people walking by. It's tucked away in the back yard. Like I told Cliff...it will be, what it will be.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor tree!
Glad that was the only casualty!

Court said...

I am so glad ya'll are ok. You house is beautiful!! The tree it is so funny how we get attached. It is so pretty up there. You are really that close to the water? I know kinda a dumb question more or less a statement but WOW!! Babbeling sorry!! Thanks for sharing.. Were these the pictures you thought were lost? LOL!! : )

Anonymous said...

Be careful Netter. Just let him down easy about saving the tree!

Mandy

Peg said...

Fantastic house, Netter! Is that trampoline for you?

So, the ground was so saturated that it couldn't support the tree, the tree is not actually broken? Got some bungie cords?

Anonymous said...

"Mmmm, it will be what it will be, yes" it kinda sounds like something a Jedi Master would say...but I think this quote from Princess Bride might work as well, "No really, I must know..." "Get used to disappointment". Really I think all of life's situations can be answered with a quote from Star Wars, Princess Bride or Meet the Parents.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I hope the tree isn't in danger of falling on the house! Is the stuff in the bay that seaweed that looks like cheerleader pom-poms. That stuff is nasty to swim through.