Sunday, July 02, 2006

Now you know why we never let Katie dress herself as a child.


When Katie IM'd me the other day and said she had some pictures that I really had to see....I was a little scared. You never know what you are getting with Katie. lol....and you think I'm joking. Anyway, let me explain what I recall of the story behind these pictures. Katie was hanging with her friends and they were going to the movies. Now since she was wearing shorts she had to go home to put some pants on because she is usually cold at the theatre. So she's in her room with her friends and she strips to her undies...and one of her "friends" says that she should totally go out in her undies. Katie says, " No, but I'll wear these.." and she pulls out a pair of dance pants with a leopard print on them. The start laughing and suddenly they are stuffing tissues in the front so she looks like she has a buldging tummy and then in the back so her butt looks BIG. She then put on a silver shiny shirt over her green polka dotted tank. add a pair of sandal shoes with tie dyed socks, a fake crown and a funny satin scarf wrapped around her head. Then she handcuffed her walking stick to her arm and put in some dangley earrings and a chunky necklace. Then her friend Jaime told her that she would pay her $10 to wear that to the movies. But Katie told her that she always said that and never paid her. (so my question is what kind of stuff has Katie been suckered into doing for free?) Jaime paid her in advance this time and off the went to downtown RVC. Please note that Katie was in full humor mode by this time. Humor is the drug of choice for Katie. Yep, laughter is all she needs to start her engine. It gets her started and keeps her going. Note the two guys in the pictures above...she didn't know them. They just wanted to have their pictures taken with her because she was cracking them up with her antics on the street. I can only imagine what she was doing...Because the girl will say just about anything. She had people coming out of bars and stores to see what she was up to. They were taking pics of her on their cell phones to send to friends. Yes, Katie...who was using an assumed name that night, was quite the happening around town.
They had so much fun that they are planning another outing where they all dress up in their old prom dresses and sing boy band songs while doing a dance routine that they are planning....at the LIRR station. I told her that if they did that, she had to call me and let me come over and get it on my camera. Can you imaging a bunch of girls with prom dresses, stuff to the gills with pillows so they looked preggers or like their butts grew 10 times its normal size, maybe both....singing Bye, Bye, Bye. Oh My!
Just so you know, she didn't get this kind of trait from me. I never dressed up and did crazy stuff like this. Nope, this I am not letting people blame on me. I just raised her until she was 10...and all her crazy stuff was taught after I left, so its either genetics or that high school she went to. LOL, thank goodness!

5 comments:

Olivia Twist said...

HAHAHAH...that's tooooo funny. She's soooooooooooo outgoing. I would NEVER had been so outgoing at her age. Hell, even at MY age. I think it's great. I wonder how she's going to be when she gets older. :-)
thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH for your wonderful comment on my blog. Your so wonderful.

Netter said...

Man, are you kidding, when I was her age I wouldn't take out the trash in my pj's, let alone dress up like that in June. Now ofcourse, I take out the trash in my jammies and I have been know to drive to the train station to pick people up in my jp's...I also started a trend when I took the kids to the school bus stop in my pj's. Or neighbor turned and looked at me and asked if I was wearing pj's and I responded, "Yep!" She said, "We can do that?!" To whick I replied, "Sure, we can do whatever we want at our stop." The next day, she wore her jammies too.

Unknown said...

ROFL that is great. I need a good laugh. Got to love a sense of humor.

Netter said...

I actually asked her if she was drunk when she was doing this stuff. Ofcourse I knew the answer was no...she doesn't need to be drunk to do stuff. Ah, Katie...she's a nut! I asked her what her parents said, her Mom just laughed and her Dad told her he ad never been more proud of her....lol, they are fun people.

Anonymous said...

if anyone would like to borrow my sexy leopard pants, call me. ;-)