Thursday, December 19, 2013

What I woke up to!

The Elves were busy last night!
Sparky's 8th birthday is on Friday. She had to bring her cupcakes to school on Thursday morning because Friday they are having a holiday cookie decorating party. That meant that I had to bake BLUE cupcakes for her. She also has her birthday party on Friday...so if I'm baking a ton of cupcakes on Wednesday, I just as well bake more.  72 cupcakes in total.   I was very tired last night and decided to get up early to frost the cupcakes and what a surprise I had this morning. Our Elves took it upon themselves to frost and decorate all of the cupcakes.  All of them!  Oh, was I a happy camper or what! Super happy!  Sometimes its the little things in life.

I'm currently packing for my trip home to Nebraska for the Holidays. I just found out that they are talking about a large snow storm hitting the area this weekend, possibly dumping a foot of snow. I'm glad I'm flying out tomorrow afternoon.  I'm planning to deter the snow in the way that I always do.  I'm packing my snow pants, heavy jacket and gloves and snow shoes. That way it will probably just rain a lot.  Usually works. I pack for snow and I never have to use it. Fingers crossed.  Although, if it does snow, I can take Rue and Phin sledding.  Hmmm...that could be fun.

No comments: