Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Felt food time...again

 
Posted by Picasa
Well, I've been busy cutting out felt and either sewing it together or using special felt glue. I've tried to avoid the glue but it does come in handy for chocolate chips and for the little bits of red and green in the pickle loaf luncheon meat. I'm shipping this batch off as soon as I add a few details with my sewing machine....but first I need to get my rear in gear and quilt those baby doll quilts. So here's what I've been doing...its a little sampling: Breakfast anyone? The waffles are in the process of being made.
 
 
Taco anyone? These were just simply cut out. I didn't even bother sewing anything on them...I just glued little beans on the re fried bean blobs. 
Luncheon platter...with three types of cheese slices, turkey, bologna, and pickle loaf along with some lettuce and a few pickle slices if you are in the mood. I'm working on several different ideas for the bread slices. I'm not sure which style I like better. 
Cut salad, anyone? there are even cherry 'maters in there. She can dump out the contents and arrange them the way she'd like them.Posted by Picasa
How about some cookies and a little hot tea to go along with them. Yeah, I even made little tea bags and I stuffed them with the tiny scraps of brown I had, so it looks like there are tea leaves inside them.
 
 Last but not least, you can have your choice of three different types of pasta. With or with out sauce and with meatballs on the side.

12 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

now I'm hungry *burp* oh, excuse me!

Anonymous said...

Thats neat. but one question what little kid eats pickle loaf for that matter who eats it period. Rue isn't going to know what she wants to eat 1st. You pretty much covered the 4 food groups.

Netter said...

Michelle...it does look good doesn't it. I keep thinking I need to make some fruit.

lol...Aunt Vickie...Lots of people eat pickle loaf. Lots and lots. I know this because they still sell that crap in the store. I'm sure if nobody ever bought it, they'd stop stocking it. The Rue does like to cook things up on her stove. She stirs up the grub up and then serves it with love.

Vickie you should make some felt food for Arianna. I would but I'm almost felted out...plus I'm running low on colors and I'm not buying more. I'm working on shrinking down my craft supplies.

Millie said...

Well,I guess I must be in the minority, cause I do like pickle loaf occasionly. I can't say I would enjoy it every single day, but one ever -2-3 months is o.k. Have to say, Netter, these food look really close to real in the pictures. Hope they are as good in person. Rue will love them.. She put a pat of butter and half an egg in a skillet the other night and stirred it up good and served it to Grandpa Ken. It was cute..Of course these were the wooden ones you gave her, not real butter and egg!!! Just so nobody who happens to read this gets the idea that she is really cooking!!! There are some out there who might!!

.:Cris:. said...

When I grow up, I want an Aunt Netter.

Freaking ADORABLE girl! OSM job.

Lucy said...

Those are absolutely adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it. I want to play with them. If I pay you, will you make me felt food too? What have you thought of in way of potatoes? Perhaps fries?

Netter said...

Thnaks everyone! I've had fun making them. Getting ideas is half the fun.

Raine~ If you buy felt, I'll make you fake food. As for taters...I'm working on tater chips...but I need to sew the ruffled lines on them with my machine first...so I have to finish quilting before I can finish them. Yeah I thought about making mashed taters, I just need to come up with a way to make them look real. Fries...those would be easy if I didn't have to make them 3D...I'm making felt chip bags for my tater chips though...you'd love that.

Arlette said...

Hi Netter!! Your felt food is so cute and makes me hungry just looking at it. My fave is the bow tie pasta. Just adorable.
Take care.
Aloha!

Cindy said...

You have to write a book after seeing these I am convinced. With all of the neat and interesting ideas you could make a mint and buy Rue her own little mansion playhouse.

Jeanette said...

Thanks for stopping by my website. I love it when people leave comments.

I really like this idea! You are so creative!!! I cannot tell you how awesome this is!!! I think my daughter will love these when she gets a little older (good thing I have some time to make them). She is just starting to play-pretend and this is SUCH a great idea! The best part of this is the texture possibilities! Kids with Down syndrome need as much texture exposure as possible, so my little brain is reeling with what kinds of materials I can gather to make textures and sounds. (putting crunch paper between the felt). You have no idea what a landmine you have here! Would you mind if I banked off of your idea and made some for my baby girl?!? (As a hobby artist, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your attention to detail. These really are amazing!) I know, can I put anymore exclamation marks in one comment? =0) You are totally bookmarked now.

Rockstar Mom said...

Netter! I see you met my friend Jeanette. She is SO amazing! She is artsy fartsy like you. I can totally see you two bouncing ideas off eachother.

This felt food is so creative. You just blow me away.