Thursday, February 05, 2009

What a sad day its turned out to be.

I found out this morning that my Cousin was found dead this morning by his grandparents. He would have been 30 this April. I'm still in shock over the news. I mean, its not something you can really brace yourself for. Looks like I'm going to be flying home this weekend for a monday funeral. We don't know much and probably won't until the autopsy comes back.

I made a few calls to let people know the bad news and left some messages for people to call me back. I went outside to scoop some of the snow and ice off the driveway and while I was out there a seagull pooped on my head. Uh yeah, super gross. I was pissed but then started laughing my ass off. I'd been thinking of my Cousin Jesse when it happened. All I could do was picture my Cousin and our Uncle Randy, sitting in heaven, busting a gut over the sight of me. Knowing those two, they sent that Gull for me.

8 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Sorry for your loss...I'm sure you'll find comfort in your happy memories of your cousin.

But seriously, the seagull thing is hysterical - you were definitely asking for it. The one time I was pooped on, my mom was out to visit, and I swear I said something to the effect how I was always nervous I was going to get pooped on, and then magically, it happened.

Netter said...

Thanks Michelle....its going to be a long weekend, but I'll be with family soon. That always helps.

You know, I'm sure the neighbors would have though I was insane if they saw me covered in poop, laughing my ass off. I really think, that was Jesse's way of letting me know he knows I was thinking of him. I'm taking the time to tell all my relatives that they are to think of a nicer way to letting me know they know I'm thinking of them...then anything that deals with poop.

I can picture Jesse and Randy cracking up though...I really can.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about this. My prayers are with you all.

Desperate Housewife said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin, and being pooped on by a seagull. But I think I may have heard that it's good luck if a bird craps on you.

Netter said...

Thanks Michelle and DH...its going to be a long week.

I really hope that bird poop on my head is good luck. I've had it happen before though, and nothing good came out of that.

Anonymous said...

yeah that is so so true my dad and jesse would be cracking up about that im just glad that it happened to you and not me ha ha

denise said...

it saddens me to hear about jesse. i only seen him twice but he was so funny. we will be very missed.

Millie said...

Yep, Netter, you are in deep do-do now... lol What one won't think of the other one will!!! And beings you always picked on them in fun ways, they will get even - double trouble for you now!!