Thursday, October 23, 2008

SCORE!

So... when I got home just a little bit ago, I grabbed the mail and stuck it on the counter. I started sorting it and found a package for ME. Before I looked at the return address, I tried to remember if I'd ordered anything lately, but suddenly realized the return label had my friend Tami's name on it. "Whaaaaat!" I got very excited, like when a kid sees his birthday present all wrapped up and just out of reach. I tore into that package and low and behold, the cutest darn toe socks I have seen in YEARS. OMG, I love them...LOVE THEM! Then I start reading the letter and I was all warm and fuzzy inside. A real letter, not email, but an honest to goodness letter. Then I remembered...and wondered....was I the recipient of the letter that Tami used to mark another thing off her list!? I think I was number 80! I sure hope so!

Thank you Tami! Tell Meredith (Tami's daughter), she has excellent taste in socks. I highly recommend her as your personal shopper if you are ever in the need of one for sock shopping.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

awwwww..... That's so sweet!

Netter said...

Wasn't it though!

.:Cris:. said...

OSM socks!!!

My daughter loves toe socks, I personally find any socks to be the work of the devil unless they're warm and fuzzy on really cold mornings... *giggle*

Tami said...

Yes, it was on my list. Only because I know I have come to rely on e-mail too much. So it is my goal to actually WRITE to people occasionally.

I'm glad you like the socks. And I'm glad you got them in time for Halloween. Meredith will be happy also!

Netter said...

I knew it! I love real mail. I still send it, once in a while.

I don't like the socks, I love them...Looooovvvvvveeeee them. I'm going to wear them tomorrow. I'll take a picture.

Anonymous said...

Aw, those are cute! Score!