Friday, October 24, 2008

I can't believe I called him a Dill Weed.

I'm not even sure if that's a bad thing, but I did. I called the alarm company guy that was doing our annual overhaul a dill weed. At first I thought it was just internal dialog...because that's where all my good comments take place...but then I realized by the look on his face that I had said that part out loud. It's his fault really. They set off our alarm and I just kept doing what I was doing because they have a code that is supposed to shut it off. Well, they came looking for me and asked me if I would try our code because theirs wouldn't work. So...I strolled over to the key pad, siren blasting, as it has been for SEVERAL minutes. I flip open the cover, punch in the code. Nothing. I look at him and said..."so much for an easy job, huh." (When they arrived they thought this was going to be simple because its the first time they ever arrived here with all system ready and no flashing lights because of bad connections or broken sensors. Hey, I told them, like I tell everyone that there is NO easy job when this house is involved...somethings always screwy and it takes forever to fix.) Anyway, The guy looks at me and dares to say to me, "Are you sure you punched in the right code." To which I replied...as sarcastically as possible, might I add, "Uh, yeah Dill Weed, It's the same code we've used for the last 7 years." Then I saw the strange look on his face and I started laughing as I said, "OMG, I just called you a Dill Weed, didn't I?! I don't even know what that means." Luckily old Frank, had a sense of humor about it. Frank is a BIG guy. he could have squashed me with his toes. Anyway....after they re-programed the system and put our code back in there it worked. That's how my morning started...it just got worse as the day went on.
Then...I did this. Sam came home from school and informed me that not only was he hungry, he needed something halfway healthy to eat because he'd only had an energy drink for breakfast and then proceeded to skip lunch and ate three cookies instead. He was all sad that the pasta dish I made the night before was gone. I had it for lunch. Sam rarely eats leftovers, so I didn't think twice about it. Being the nice person that I am....and wanting him to have something healthy, I proceeded to recreate that pasta dish, minus the fresh spinach, because we were all out and minus the freshly cooked chicken because I'd used it all yesterday. Instead, I dug the rotisserie chicken out of the back of the fridge and chopped up the breasts off of that. I smashed some HUGE garlic cloves, chopped it and stuck it in a pan with some hot olive oil, cooked it up, shoved in the chopped chicken, then after that cooked for a couple of minutes, I poured in this new sauce that I found at the store that is not only spicy and yummy, its so much lower in sodium then the rest of the pasta sauces. I let that simmer while I dug out the pasta. We had 1/4 of a box of angel hair pasta, so I stuck that under my arm while I opened a half full box of linguine. I poured the linguine in the boiling water because it takes forever to cook compared to the angel hair. I then turn and drop a spoon that I'd picked up. I bend over to pick up the spoon from the floor, forgetting I had an open box of pasta tucked under my armpit, and spilt that sucker in a huge pile onto my freshly swept and mopped floor. How annoying is that! I took a quick picture, ignoring the 5 second rule, because it reminded me of playing Pick Up Sticks as a kid. So in a nutshell...today was interesting...especially when the garage door broke. Long story...but it wasn't my fault.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed!

Netter said...

Amen Sista! Today was interesting, to say the least.

Kare said...

Dill Weed. hehehe

Netter said...

I'm just glad I didn't call him dumb a$$...which I love to say.

Darlene said...

Dill Weed...ahahahaha When our bathroom caught on fire last month, I called the lady from the monitoring center an ass hat - but that was over the phone.

Netter said...

Darlene! Your Bathroom caught on fire? Holy crap. lol, ass hat...lol, I like that.

Rockstar Mom said...

So since you pointed out that it was a freshy swept and mopped floor, are you saying that you went ahead and made the angel hair pasta anyway?

I'm sure it was safe.

Tami said...

I'm sure the pasta was fine to cook and eat. I mean the baby eats crackers that have been lost under the couch for weeks and Stephanie always finds gum in the trash. (I have since outlawed gum in the house but she still finds it - HOW?) I finally moved the couch and there were all kinds of goodies under there. Luckily, the little 2 were at daycare so I didn't have to fight them off with the vacuum cleaner.

...What were we talking about?!?

Peg said...

*grin* Dillweed! Bet he'd never been called that before.

Pasta tossing - I've done that before!