Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's been a long day.

That color is called Polar Sky, by Benjamin Moore. Nancy and I drove into the City today, to their apt on the upper west side. First we dropped stuff off at her parents house, then dropped stuff off at the apt and then we had to move the van because of street cleaning. We didn't want a ticket, so we found a garage and spent an arm and a leg to park it until I picked it up at 3:30. Anyway, I have to go back sometime next week and do a second coat. That paint is VERY difficult to see where you missed spots before its dry. Luckily, I don't think I'll need the latter again. I tried to make sure I got enough paint on when I did the boarders. Luckily I didn't have to do a perfect job so I didn't even bother taping. I just free handed it. Actually, I think it looks much better when I free hand the edges then when I tape it. Strange but true. I love doors with little windows above them. They are so cute. Oh and I didn't paint the woodwork because that has to be done throughout the entire apt before they move in. I just needed to get the wall paint up so when the Murphy bed is installed, you can see the new paint behind it. Hey I got paid good money for easy work...can't beat that. The light switch looks strange because I took the plate off to paint...don't freak.
I love this little window in the swinging door into the butlers alley toward the kitchen and the second door that leads to the back stairwell. I love the color of yellow and the black and white marble floors. It's cute.
I had the pleasure of driving myself home this afternoon. Nancy has something she has to do this evening and won't be home her normal time...plus, who wants to drive home in rush hour traffic from NYC. It was pretty stop and go for me and I was beating the rush. I thought I'd share a picture I took from the Triborough Bridge, while I was driving. Not bad for just pointing and shooting while I was watching where I was driving.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

The pics look very retro - I love it!

Netter said...

Yeah, its a pre-war building in NYC...my favorite thing is the wood floors and the original crown molding. It's got super high ceilings too....its glorious.

I just noticed the paint in the blue room still looks wet in places. I thought that wall was about dry. Oh well.

Tami said...

I'm so glad you took the switch plate off before you painted. It's better that way. - As long as you remember where you put it. And the screws.

Netter said...

Tami~ I always remove all plates. This room had a crapload. We are talking, Two ligh switch plates, four electrical plug-in plates, one cable box plate and one telephone jack plate. I felt like I spent my whole day unscrewing stuff....which means I'll be spending the whole day screwing stuff, once its done. Does that make me sound slutty?

Anonymous said...

An apt in NYC and a house on the bay?! Well, shewt! You did a real nice paint job - did I mention The Girl wants her room painted??