Thursday, October 30, 2008

Huh!

What do you mean, normal people don't color coordinate their pins? What?! I certainly have to disagree with that statement. I'm the most normal person I know and I have a habit of sticking them by like colors in my big heart shaped pin cushion.

Sheesh, Anyway, I have one of my little quilts quilted thanks to my handy dandy darning foot for the old sewing machine. It was a gift from my Mom and Dad for my birthday, along with a walking foot, which I'm going to use soon, to finish up some stray projects I have around here. First, I'll be binding that little dolly quilt. Just ignore the two blocks that are different because I just winged it on them. You see, I originally flipped my template when I cut out two colors. When I noticed that during sewing, I couldn't find the template I made, so I just cheated a little. Who cares, its for kids, not a national quilt show. Seriously, like a little kid would notice and flip out over it.

I've got a new problem. I'm in love with this quilting business. Oh, its not good at all. This is going to be expensive.

8 comments:

Peg said...

Love the quilt! Just as cute as I knew it would be. Wonderful job, Netter!

Anonymous said...

"People I pester"!! LOL! You're just too funny, Netter!

Lovely quilt! Just beautiful and the quilting looks all swirly and cute. Heck, which two are different? I can't tell. I'm too busy admiring the lovely colors and pattern.

Hey! I always sort my candy by color and eat them down to even amounts. Nuthin' wrong with that.

Netter said...

Peg~ Thanks!

Sue~ lol, I have been waiting forever for someone to notice that! I still have to add all my links. I've been lazy about it. There's just to much fun stuff to do. Just wait until I get the guts to put a list of "Places I lurk." There are a LOT of places I lurk and don't comment.

Darlene said...

You know, we all have our OCD quirks - your's just happens to be color coordinating your pins. ;o)

Your quilt is adorable. I'm so jealous of the lucky person who gets it!

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't see anything wrong with it. The other day Kent was making fun of me cause I color coordinate my m&m's! I've always done it and I dunno why?! Its just me!

I buy some fabric if you want to make a king size quilt! **hint hint** I'm serious!

Millie said...

So flipped templates can be your trademark!! Two per quilt in random places!!! lol.. Yeah, I knew you wouldn't go for it.... you're to much of a perfectionist!!!!Don't try to deny it,, you know you are!!!

Anonymous said...

Netter I hate to be the one to tell you that you need to get a life. If you have so much time to color coordinate your pins. OH the quilts are neat. I all ways wanted to make a quilt but I just don't have the patients to do it anymore.I agree with your mom you are a perfectionist.

Lucy said...

You have different color pins????? What's up with that???