Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween! Oh, and we have a mouse.

There is a house in the neighboring town, about 5 blocks from where I lived when I was Katie and Chris' nanny.
For many years, they have been going crazy with their Halloween decorations. I friggin' love this house.
They put a lot of work into it. Someday, my house will be this scary. I'll have to sit on a bench by the front sidewalk to hand candy to the little ones that are totally scared and refuse to go to the door.
Maybe I'll have to sit across the street. lol, sometimes that's to close for the little ones.

Oh and I caught a glimpse of our new household critter. We have a mouse. He's so tiny and scared the living crap out of me, but it was just short lived. You know how it is, when you see something like that, you are startled, because it shouldn't be there. I let the little guy know, in no uncertain terms that he had two very simple choices to make. #1)He can leave peacefully, just move on to another house. #2)He can die a quick but painful death. I'm sorry but there is no wiggle room here. Its my way or the highway. Anyway...I have glue traps and the old fashioned snap traps all over the basement right now. I'm going to get that little bugger if its the last thing I do.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

How friggin scary is that house? I'm a grown up & I'd still be too scared to go there! It's awesome!!!

Hope you get that mouse soon - I'm not coming to visit until you do. LOL

Anonymous said...

is this in my favorite rockville center?

Anonymous said...

Cool I love it. WE use to really decorate. The older kids and Adults are afraid to come up but the little ones dont care all they want is to trick or treat for candy.

The Chocolate Nerd said...

THAT is soooo creepy. How artfully executed! Wow!