Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Atleast something was done around here today...

The Garage door is FIXED! YES! Sometimes its the little things in life that make us the happiest, like a garage door that functions as it is supposed to.

I was running around the house, picking things up, you know, the normal stuff, when I remembered that I wanted to run to the bank...so I did and then I went to the dry cleaners and the grocery store. I came home did some more laundry, swept the floor in the kitchen, distributed toilet paper to the three other bathrooms and started cooking dinner. Oh yes indeed. Then I realized there was no heat in the house. I cranked the thermostat to see if it would kick on...Nope, so I made the service call and an hour later, we had heat.

Yep, its the little things like a functioning door and some heat on a cold, windy night that makes an OK day something special.

lol, I must need a life or something..lol, if that's all it takes.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

I remember a few years back when we turned on our furnace for the 1st time of the season and nothing happened. There's nothing that says "Happy Winter" like calling in a serviceman on a weekend.

Darlene said...

p.s. I want to add a '100 random facts about me' to my blog - how do I do it?

Tami said...

Hey! How did you get your heat fixed in less than an hour? No fair! We finally got ours fixed - it took a week!

BTW. I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes for Baby Greene. He was born by emergency c-section on Sunday and weighs in at 1 lb, 6 oz. They think he's going to be ok but he could still use some good vibes. Thanks again!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Loved the pics of that squirrel feasting on your pumpkin. Too funny.

Netter said...

Darlene~ I'll email you directions.

Tami~ It's because I'm special. No, its because we have a service plan AND its a boiler so we are talking oil and all that goo.

So glad to hear about the baby. Hopefully things keep going well for him.

Colleen~ Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the simplest things that make us the happiest!