Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Ka Ka turns 21

Most people are blogging about something else today. Something I don't want to mention because its Katie's birthday today and the joy of that special day was tarnished in 2001. I too, remember that day and the sorrow it brought this nation...and I will never forget but...today is Katie's 21st birthday and life moves on.
So, no more talk of sadness for me, nope its time to reflect on life and happiness. That little four year old ( photo: Vintage birthday girl, Katie, in the middle with her cousins, Jessica and Stephanie)I started taking care of is now 21 and a college senior. Have a wonderful birthday Katie. Stay away from the TV, radio, and newspapers...and eat lots of cake.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday, Katie!

Peg said...

happy birthday to Katie!

I can see that Netter's lively sense of humor has rubbed off on her. *grin*

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katie. The big 21. Have a legal drink for me. I think she got her orneryness from Netter.