Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Halloween is around the corner

 
Posted by Picasa
I love Halloween. LOVE IT! I decided I need to get rid of some of my craft stash and since Halloween is around the corner, that seemed like a good place to start. I made a little broom stick, flower decoration. I even stuck in some bones, skulls and a spider for good measure. The broom hangs vertical, not sideways like its shown in the picture...its just long, so its easier to photograph when its catiwampus.
I have my headstones out and I've been trying to figure out how I should pain them. I need to get posts cut first, to attach to the stones. I know I have black and grey paint around here for the epitaph...so hopefully, you will see some results on that project soon. I'm feeling very craft right now. When that happens, I roll with it. I think I might actually decorate the front yard this year. Or at the very least, the basement. We'll see how much energy I have as the days wear down.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

I love Halloween as well! It's actually Amy's favorite holiday & she says that if she ever gets married, it's gonna be on Halloween & everyone has to dress up.

Oh God, please let her find a husband - I really want to go to that wedding.

Cindy said...

How do you "pain" something? I was just curious.

Rockstar Mom said...

I believe someone is making fun of you Nette.

Just send down the word and I can take them out....

Or you and I could go on a little fishing trip, eh? I love to fish, how about you?

Netter said...

Darlene, I think Amy has a great idea. What is she going to be for her wedding? A normal bride? Either way, I think its cool.

Cindy~ OK, smart ass...keep it up. lol.

Marianne~ That would be my Cousin, who seems to be a little to brave right now. I'll let her live this time...she used her one "get out of jail free" card, the next time it happens, I'm braking out the embarrassing photos and blogging about them. Mwahhhahaha...she knows I'll do it too.

Thanks for the offer though, you are a great friend. I know I can always count on you to bring the shovel and help me move the body.

Tami said...

I love that broomstick decoration. Love it, I say! I need more Halloween decorations. Too bad I have to spend all my decoration money on buying shoes and jackets for the kids. Man, if we ever move to the Caribbean, those kids are going barefoot all year long! Do they celebrate Halloween in the Caribbean?

Anonymous said...

Nice. Take the Halloween out of it and it would still look nice. I like all the colors. Oh Cindy watch what you do or say because you could in up with crickets I guess in your case it would be fish. We haven't gotten the Halloween deco out for a few years one of these years well have to do it again.