Thursday, September 04, 2008

I'm feeling craft.

I've been feeling very crafty lately and have been working on several projects. I'm only showing you two. The first is a little wallet that works great at places like Six Flags, when you need ID, money and a credit card but don't want to haul around a bag all day. You can't ride rides with a bag in tow. Anyway, I had this little wallet but it had a embroidered picture of Oscar the Grouch on it. I pulled the stitches out and got rid of Oscar but I didn't like the way it looked when I was done. I searched through my fabric stash and came up with these circles. I just cut them out and attached them with a flexible glue.
I even stuck some inside for the heck of it. I think I'm going to use it to keep my Metro card in it and my train tickets when I go into NYC.
As you know, we have under 4 months until Christmas. You know what that means....ORNIE TIME. Yes, I have to get my Annual Christmas Ornaments done asap. I can't show the 5 I already have done, because Tami reads my site and I don't want to completely give away my secrets. I have several other ideas but I don't know if I will get to them. The needle punching is taking forever, though it is relaxing...but I have lots of other projects that I want to knock off. Lots and lots of other projects. It's scary how many things I have going right now.

12 comments:

Darlene said...

Well isn't that wallet the most nifty thing!!!
I was just saying yesterday that I'm so excited that Christmas is coming!!! Can't wait to see your ornaments when they're done!

Lucy said...

Oh, I love needlepunch....can't wait to see this one finished!

Anonymous said...

Very clever! The fabric and the wallet were meant to be together.

Tami said...

You have FIVE ornaments done already? And here I was feeling good that I figured out what I was doing for my ONE already. I don't actually have any done, but I do know what I'm going to do! Are the kids doing anything this year?

Desperate Housewife said...

I love the fabric.
I too have way too many projects on the go. When it takes four years on average to finish something, you know you're working on too much.

Anonymous said...

Neato. Needle punching, haven't tried it before. Is it hard? Have to have good eye sight?

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I have thought of doing needlepunch. It looks like fun. Love the little wallet.

Wolfgang (pronounced Voolf-gong) said...

OMG!!! I love the first one! It's gorgeous!

Peg said...

Great idea, Netter!

I haven't been in blogland for a while, so I'll put all of my comments here: great pics of Rue (love the sunglasses) and Beau; I think I need to plant a beer garden - this year's garden sucked (dang Japanese beetles), and I'm sure that preparing the BG willbe more fun. That little guy with the long beard was a real eye opener - no wonder you couldn't sleep!

I'm glad that the grant period is over so I have time to read everyone's blogs again.

Kare said...

The wallet is beautiful! You are just so creative, Netter.

Toxiferous said...

Oh, that wallet is absolutely gorgeous! Though I love Oscar, I think this is 100 times better!

Netter said...

Goodness ladies, I;ve been out of the loop. I had no idea I had so many comments on this post. Thanks! I was pretty happy with my effort on this one.