Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tutto E Possibile

I was sitting in the car, waiting for the boys to get their rears in gear...just twisting my ring around on my finger, when I suddenly realized that I never shared the joy of my new ring. Yep, after months of asking me what I wanted for my birthday, I finally found something that called to me, so The Leaches bought it for me. On the outside it says "Tutto E Possibile". The translation located on the inside says: "Anything is Possible". I wear it on my left hand ring finger for fun. Yep, I figured since everyone has given up on me ever getting married, I should subtly remind them that you shouldn't count your chicks before they are hatched...maybe my chick just takes a little longer to incubate. Let's face it, I have never been the kind of person you can rush. I just get cranky and stubborn. Yeah, its not a pretty sight. Anyway, I don't always wear it on my left hand ring finger...because it could easily resemble a wedding band and that would defeat the whole purpose of the ring. That would be what I would consider a backfire of my plan. Anyway, I love the ring and I'm going to make sure I have it on the next time I'm home and Donnie Gottula says to me, "Let me see that hand." Then when he goes on to say how disappointed he is that there isn't a engagement ring on it, I'll explain what my ring says.

I'm still waiting for the next person to lean over to me at a wedding and ask if I'm next...because the next funeral I'm at with that person, I'm going to lean over and ask if they are next. I know I won't be able to keep from smiling but it will be worth it.

12 comments:

Darlene said...

I am in love with this ring!!!
I totally would love to be a fly on the wall at the next funeral you attend. ahahahah

.:Cris:. said...

That is a really cool ring! I like what it says, applies to all kinds of things. :)

.:Cris:. said...

That is a really cool ring! I like what it says, applies to all kinds of things. :)

Tami said...

That is a beautiful ring. Did you wear it when you were here last? I need a ring that says, "They WILL grow up"

Rockstar Mom said...

I have faith in you Netters. And I love the ring and I love the idea that you wear it on your left ring finger. You are so gutsy.

And I know you are dying to know if the stuff stayed glued on. And the answer is yes. All except for a small piece of ribbon at the end of the outside strap of the left flip flop. It started to come undone and would stick to the bottom of my foot.

But it only came undone about 3/4 of the way into the party.

Thank you! You are a flip flop hero!!!!

Netter said...

Tami~ I didn't get it until I returned from my trip or I would have been wearing that puppy.

Marianne~ OMG, I tried to put extra glue on it but it starts to look gloopie if you put to much glue on. I did use special flip-flop glue that is more flexable...I guess that helped a little. I am now singing Juke Box Hero...but I've inserted Flip-Flop Hero in the lyrics.

TreslieDayna said...

The ring is beautiful! I love the funeral plan! You have my sense of humor haha!

I just finished reading World Without End! It was soooooo great! Did you read Pillars of the Earth too? Which do you like better so far?

Desperate Housewife said...

I love that ring!

Cindy said...

I will be sitting by your side laughing my ass off because people say that to me too. It would be so funny to see the look on their faces.

Anonymous said...

Neato ring.

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice ring! Me likey!

Arlette said...

I love this ring! I especially love the Italian inscription. Beautiful.

Aloha!