Friday, August 29, 2008

The Rue...she never stops moving.

I think my Mom gets annoyed because I refer to my Niece and either The Rue or Rue Rue. I can't help it...my Dad does it as well. You know, The Rue is no ordinary kid. She's larger than life and thus needs a larger than life extension of her name. Thus she is "The Rue" because there is no one quite like her, she's an original but I call her Rue Rue when I'm being more playful...and because frankly, I like it. The Rue is a go-getter. When she's around, she doesn't stop moving and she's always alert, always on the look for something different. For example, she walks into my Parents bathroom, stops dead in her tracks and points to the new rug. "Yes, MeMah put a new rug down in her bathroom." That is explanation enough. Then there was the time that she walked into the kitchen. Her MeMah usually hangs the damp towels up on a rack above her sink. That day MeMah hung the towel on the stove handle. Rue walked into the kitchen, saw the towel, pulled it off the stove handle and pointed to the rack above the sink, so MeMah would know that it was in the wrong spot and put it back where it belonged. The girl has a sense of order...or a little OCD, but only time will tell on that one. I think the Rue's motto is "Play hard!"She loved all the rides at the fair. At least,the ones she could go on. 
She loves hanging out with her PaPa. You know, its almost scary that they get along so well. What's not to love about Papa... he teaches you lots of things that MeMah and Mommy wouldn't even thing about.  
The Rue is a visual learner. When PaPa was fixing her push trike, she had to get down and check out exactly what he was touching and how he was doing it. She knows what a screwdriver is for and if she gets her hands on one, she goes straight for anything with a screw. Then proceeds to try to dismantle...aka fix it. 
The Rue loves to draw and color. She even gets PaPa and MeMah's neighbor, Jesse to draw pictures on the patio so she can help color it in.  
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

.:Cris:. said...

I like your nicknames for Rue. I call my kids by nicknames more often than I do their real names... its nothing new to us. They should be glad you don't call her things like Sugar Booger or something ;)

Oh, I met Nano's teacher last night and she calls him by a nickname- Nate the Great. I think she thought she was original or something. LOL She asked if I minded, I laughed and said he's been called worse. The step-granny used to call him nater tater... oy.

Tami said...

Another artist in the family, I see. What a little sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what cute pics!

Netter said...

Cris~ I love nicknames myself...and that's why I call my cousin Kelsie, Skeeter and my Godson, Zach is Rufus. I wouldn't go by Netter if I didn't like nicknames, I'd still be Annette...BORING!

Tami~ Yeah, she likes her arts and crafts...hopefully she will stay that way and we can bond over it.

Sue~ That's my Rue Rue! She's really a funny kid and is super devilish like her Auntie Nett.

Darlene said...

I'm a nickname fanatic - My kids have a million other names besides the ones I gave them. Heck, Porkchop doesn't even go by her name. She's been called "Sally Asparagus" since forever. hahahah

Happy Birthday to Raine!!! I'm still bound & determined to get down there someday so she, you & I can stalk Ricky Martin. HAHAHA