Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What I've been doing...

I've been burning the midnight oil. Yep, sewing lots and lots of strips of fabric together. Now I have to iron it, then cut out 6x6 squares and with the leftover scraps, I have to sew them together again and cut out more 6x6 squares. It's called a Cookie Quilt. It's random, there is no order to it at all, just random pieces sewn together. I decided if I liked this brown/tan/golden look, I might go for a black/gray quilt and call it a Burnt Cookie Quilt. Yep and if I like that, I may go for the multi colored look and call it a Sugar Cookie Quilt. LOL, there really isn't an end to what you can name these things.

I'm off to iron. Gag, I hate to iron. More to come...

5 comments:

Tami said...

One day I need to have you teach me how to quilt. I'm dying to learn and I don't think my Grandma will be able to teach me now. Oh, she fell and broke her hip. They had to put a screw in it. Guess she won't get to go thru airport security anymore!

Anonymous said...

Make me one! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting...

Netter said...

Tami~ It's not like I really know what I'm doing. I'm just winging it as I go. Seems to work out for me most of the time. I'll show you what little I know.

Raine~ Hmmm...That's a lot of work but I think you are worth it. How about I show you how to do it and you can help. Yeah, its a bonding thing. We'll have to find someone to longarm it for us though. Well that is unless I get a special foot for me machine...aka Satan.

Andi~ Well, its better than nothing...lol.

.:Cris:. said...

Soooooo pretty! Can't wait to see it finished. :)