Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm just creating a big old mess...

OK, so now that Satan...aka my sewing machine... allowed me to sew all my fabric strips together, I have to turn on my iron...aka Mr Hottie. That's a lot of seams to press down. Yippee! Fun, fun!
OK, once the seams were pressed, I put off cutting my 6 inch blocks for a while. After all that work sewing everything together, I didn't want to think about cutting everything up so I could sew it together again. It just seemed crazy.
OK, here are the first 18 blocks that I mutilated. Keep in mind that I just tossed the blocks down and I have not actually settled on a layout yet. Hey, I have a crap load of squares to cut out yet. You will notice that some of the blocks seem mish mashed...well its because they are. You see when you cut out all your blocks you sew the scraps together and cut out some more. I'm going to have to do the rest of the cutting when I return from my vaca. More to come...

7 comments:

Millie said...

It will be interesting to see this when it is all done.. Don't stop halfway through, just because Satan won't cooperate.. sooner or later, it will and then you can finish it. I'm curious to see the final product.

Anonymous said...

Looks good. By the way if you get bored in Nebraska, please come to Kansas.

Love, Carole

sara said...

I think it all looks amazing! I wish I had the patience for quilting.

Anonymous said...

It looks truly gorgeous so far. Can't wait to see the finish! (Ewww, just spotted a foot in the other pic all by itself...is it alive?)

sweetiepie said...

I can't wait to see this quilt finished. What an interesting concept.

Darlene said...

Oh Nett, it looks beautiful! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

To hell with Satan! (I guess he's already there, huh?) Anywhoo, I think the quilt is going to look all freestyle and terrific! You go!