Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Holy Crickets!

OK, so Vickie's home from her vacation and she has discovered the cricket that was placed in her yard thanks to Marianne. I'd say I had nothing to do with it, but everyone would know I was fibbing. Anyway, the Poem that Marianne wrote and that we attached to the cricket is below, if you want to read it. 
Posted by Picasa


Aunt Vickie, The Cricket & Two Pranksters

A friendship developed across the miles

Because of the internet, two blogs and some smiles


Netters and Mare quickly hit it off

Two pranksters whose paths should never have crossed


And then came some crickets of the salt & vinegar kind

Everyone yelled "Gross!!" but Mare thought they tasted just fine


To put it all on YouTube, Marianne had a hunch

Little did anyone know Aunt Vickie would lose her lunch


Feeding on the feast that was Aunt Vickie's demise

Mare & Netters put heads together and the two of them got wise


An iron cricket on a post at a yard sale for half a dollar

What better way to make dear Aunt Vickie hollar


Shipped from Texas to Nebrasky with lots of love

And a little help from the prankster gods above


A yard ornament and a memory that will never be lost

By two pranksters whose paths should never have crossed.

4 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

Perfecto!!!!

Netter said...

I wonder how long it took her to notice it once she got back.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was funny. I still have it in the yard. The neighbor girl thats 3 keeps asking why I have a bug in my yard. I noticed it Sunday mourning when we went out and checked the lawn and the garden out . We didn't get home until 11:30 Saturday nite. Unloaded the jeep & jet ski and went to bed. Seems like I haven't stoped since we been home a good thing that it was such a relaxing vacation. I wan't to move their but I can't be that far from Arianna. That was the hardest thing not seeing her for that many days. Oh and Maranne thanks for the token of friendship. But if you keep in contact with Netter to long you do become as bad as her. I quess thats ok.

Rockstar Mom said...

You know, I found that cricket at a garage sale for fifty cents.

It's true that one man's junk is another man's treasure.

I hope you treasure the yard ornament. It was all done in fun.