Sunday, June 15, 2008

Poor, poor Pops...

Well, it looks like my Dad...aka Pops, isn't going to be able to spend this Father's Day doing what he usually does on his big day. That would be sleeping or fishing. Oh, who am I kidding? He'll manage to squeeze both of those things in there. Yep and I'm sure he'll try to see his lovely granddaughter Rue. If he wants to eat, he won't be able to let Mom do all the cooking for him while he naps though. Nope, he's the chef on duty these days, at least until Mom gets her broken chicken wing back in order. Yep, poor Pops, he's not going to be spoiled this Father's Day. So basically, he'll be spending the day like Mom has to for Mother's Day....cooking for the napping spouse. I knew that sooner or later, that one would bite him in the butt. Happy Father's Day Pop! I hope you got up early and made Mom a lovely breakfast in bed.

8 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

LOL! I love that picture!

Netter said...

Yep, he was sitting on the back patio, snoring up a storm.

Darlene said...

Great picture! I hope your dad was able to squeeze in a bit of 'daddy time' in between his chores. lol

Rockstar Mom said...

He must be the hardest working dad in Nebraska...by the looks of that picture.

Arlette said...

Wow, I sure have missed alot of what has been happening in your world. I hope your mom is doing better after her fall, your dad isn't too tired playing housewife, and your wrists aren't aching anymore. Whew!
Netter, you write with such zest and humor. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. Some of them actually had me laughing out loud. Pink panties, huh? rofl
Take care.
Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Good picture. Netter you should tell everyone that your dad isn't resting that he is working in the picture. Hes thinking about all the things that he should be doing.This is such a original picture. You couldn't have captured a more true to life poise if tried. Yep thats my brother. Things never change.

Cindy said...

Remember when your dad used to fall asleep with the remote control at grandma's and we got Danielle to sneak it away from him? This picture reminds me of that time. What an evil mother I was to make my 3 year old do our evil bidding.

Anonymous said...

Sweet picture.