Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More birthday fun...

I was out running errands most of the day but when I pulled in the driveway, something caught my eye. The screen door was open part way and there were balloons floating in the breeze. After closer inspection I discovered a box at the base of the balloon ribbons. Inside the box was a flower cake. Yes, a cake made of flowers. It even comes with candles that you can stick in the top and light. I'm not going to do it though because I could just imagine the possible disasters that could occur. Anyway, I love getting flowers...so I opened the card and found out it was from Nancy, Cliff and Sam. Sam didn't know anything about it...oh and he did remember my birthday. I had picked him up from drivers ed and I asked him what he wanted to get his Mother for Mother's Day...That is when his eyes got really wide and he said, "Mother's Day, wait a minute, is today your birthday?!" Then I said yes, and that I knew he had forgotten in the morning. He then said, "Did I even see you this morning?" I started laughing and informed him that we had a conversation this morning...and he said, "oh yeah, I must have been so out of it. I let him off the hook and said, I knew he had a lot going on. Anyway, Nancy said she sent me the flower cake because she knew they wouldn't be able to get me a real cake. Cliff said I should make Sam bake me a cake. I told Cliff that Sam was way to busy but Cliff said, Sam was just lazy...which of course he was joking about, because Sam really is super busy with AP exams and finals coming up...plus he had a tennis match and drivers ed today. Crazy busy.
I have had so many phone calls and emails today that I can honestly say I'm in heaven. Thank you everyone for all your sweet thoughts and wishes! Believe it or not, but I have not opened my presents yet and I have not had any cake yet. Sam and I just knocked off a great supper and we have to digest...while he takes a practice test for AP. Fear not, I do not let a birthday go by without ice cream...gasp, the thought of an IC free birthday scares the bejeebers out of me.
Oh did I tell you that I got a scary birthday message on my cell phone. My Aunt Vickie sang a small part of the Happy Birthday song to me...lol, I know know that my pathetic singing comes from the Kaster/Lade side of the family. It's genetic! I'm not the only one that sounds a sick seagull...lol, just kidding Vickie, we don't sound that bad.

3 comments:

Tami said...

That is a beautiful cake! I wonder how it tastes? ;)

I do have a present for you. It's late, of course. Meredith picked it out so I will try and get it in the mail in, oh, at least before the end of the month!

Sorry I didn't get you called back again. It's been a hectic day at work. And now, it is getting late. I will try and catch you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday whats left of it. No I'm not singing to you. That is the neatest flower/cake that I have ever seen. Its a shame that it won't last for ever. I wander how good it will dry the way it is.

Renna said...

I have never seen a flower cake before. It's delightful! :-)