Wednesday, May 07, 2008

AHHHHHH!

Lilacs are by far my favorite scent. I stuck this plant in the ground last year and this year I am in heaven. The first thing I did today was to nestle my nose into those blooms and sniff until I thought my eyeballs were going to be sucked to the back of my skull. Oh, glorious lilacs, how I love thee! It makes me sad that they only bloom for a short period in the spring. Why couldn't they bloom all summer? I guess they wouldn't seem so wonderful to me if they did, but a girl can dream, can't she. Anyway, I just had to share them with you. Sorry I can't let you sniff them....blogs just don't come with scratch and sniff applications. Not yet anyway.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Idaho Gal said...

I love lilacs too. Did you know they are one of the most difficult flowers to keep in a vase? You're better off keeping them on the bush.

Millie said...

I wish there was a scratch and sniff on here.. My lilacs are not near that far along.. just a couple of open ones (indivual buds) here and there.. At least I don't think they are going to freeze off like they did last year.. That was a real bummer!!

Anonymous said...

I like the smell of lilacs to. Mine froze last year also but it killed the whole bush. It was like 2 years old after the frost then the branches all got brittle so I dug it up and never replaced it . thats what is should do but I have my flower chair sitting that spot.

Rockstar Mom said...

This is one of my favorite scents too! And I can just imagine the smell as I was reading and admiring your picture.

I swear I can smell them.

Rockstar Mom said...

CRICKETS CRICKETS CRICKETS!!!!

Eating the crickets has burned my tastebuds and effectively wiped out my nasal cavity. I can't smell a thing anymore but salt & vinegar......

CRICKETS CRICKETS CRICKETS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love them too, reminds me of my grandma. I'm thinking of putting a bush in the backyard maybe 2 one that blooms in spring and 1 blooms in summer. But I'm not liking the "maintenance" program for them. ugh.