Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Via Hawaii...and Kansas

 
Posted by Picasa
I won a blog contest over at Lettie's Polka Dot Pineapple blog. I discovered her a while back and fell in love with her creations. Fun stuff, lots and lots of fun stuff, like things adorned with yo-yo's. Oh how I love yoyo's! Lettie was quickly added to my bloglines and I suggest you check her out. She's a sweetheart and I must say, she spoiled me with her contest prize. I felt like it was a never ending box of goodies. I just kept pulling beautiful stuff out. She satisfied my tummy with macadamia nuts...yes a bag of Maui Onion flavored nuts and then a box of chocolate covered, caramel macadamia nuts. YUMMY! We know how I love anything covered in caramel...well, almost anything. I tried the onion flavored nuts last night and had a hard time putting the bag down because they were so delish. Moving on...because I could get stuck talking about food for hours on end.
Click on the picture above to view all the items a little closer. It's like I won a jackpot. If you look closely, you will see a bright blue, Hawaiian print set of oven hot pads with a matching kitchen towel. Now if my Sister was anywhere near me, she'd be trying to get a hold of the set, but lucky for me, she's in Nebrasky. The battle would have been fierce. Oh but there is more... I almost don't know where to continue, there is so much stuff. Let's see, there is the cutest little yo-yo angel ornament. I'll hang it on my tree every Christmas and think of Lettie. I'm a huge ornament fan...everyone knows that. Then there is the yo yo notebook cover, adorable and functional, plus it has yo yo's and buttons...HEAVEN! The sun glass case adorn with a big yo-o...CUTE! Speaking of cute, we have the beaded strawberry pin...such a fun idea. Next we have the pocket tissue case. I needed one of those! I don't know how Lettie knew! On to the Jewelry tote...I have ALWAYS wanted one of these. I kid you not. Whenever I go home, I end up shoving my necklaces, bracelets, and earrings in anything that will seal up and I can squash into my carry-on. Ziploc bags don't work well with earrings, they just poke through. Problem solved with Lettie's jewel tote. Then we have the bag...OMG, the bag! I remember seeing it on her site and drooling over it. Hello, its pink! HELLO...its gorgous! I needed a new bag. I was eyeing some Vera Bradley bags but I've got something even better...one of Lettie's Polka Dot Pineapple bags, eat your hearts out! I feel absolutely spoiled. Sam asked me which item was my favorite. I said, I love them all. He then said, "OK, hypothetically, lets say you were told you could only keep one item and had to give everything else back...what would you keep." I must have shot him a funny look because he started laughing and hounding me to pick as I sat stroking my plentiful bounty. Finally I told him to keep his hypothetical stuff to himself, because the whole idea shot my blood pressure up. He thought that was a hoot. I told him I should be able to keep everything that I can fit into one bag...afterall it was my birthday and lucky me, everything fits nicely in the bag Lettie sent me. Ahhhh, that's better!Pick one?! What was he thinking?! Thank you so much Lettie! You made my day!

Now I bet you are wondering where the "Kansas" part of the title come into play here. A while ago, my Cousin's neighbor, Mandy had a contest on her myspace blog. Well, I won and she sent me a lovely assorted gift basket of peach nectar scented bath items. I took a picture of the basket...and I could have sworn I saved it on the computer...but I can't find the picture anywhere. It's driving me nuts. That is why I didn't post this yesterday, I had to find the picture. I have given up for the time being...but if I do come across it, I'll stick it on here and let everyone know. I use the products everyday. I'm not the only one that likes the smell...the local bees adore me when I'm outside. Yeah, it smells that good! Everything in the basket was wonderful but the lotion is amazing. I started putting it on my dry winter feet. Usually it takes a good week to get them soft and ready for sandal weather...but that lotion did the trick in one night. I was really impressed. Let me tell you, my heals were in pathetic shape. Not anymore, they are smooth like butter. Thanks Mandy!

***UPDATE*** AH HA! Once I stopped looking for the picture, I found it. Below is the gift basket that Mandy gave me! 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

sweetiepie said...

Congratulations on winning Lettie's blog contest and Happy Birthday!! What a neat bag of goodies she sent you!!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you liked it.. I tried to pick something out very "Netter" like... BUT since I have never met you in person it was a challenge. Your always giving to others so I figured you could use this for YOUR time, well that and the bees!! ENJOY!!

Anonymous said...

Netter, your posts are always so much fun to read. I'm glad you liked your goodies and I KNOW you had a fabulous birthday by everything that I've read. You know how to celebrate!
Aloha,
Lettie

Rockstar Mom said...

And just think Netter!! You told me only a couple years ago that you never win anything!! I broke that streak of bad luck by sending you my grand prize of an envelope full of expired coupons.

You have climbed up and up from there!!!

And yet, somehow I have taken so many backsteps that my last prize was salt & vinegar crickets.

Hhhmmm.

I want my luck back! You stole my mojo!!!!!!!

Actually, I couldn't be happier for you Netters. You deserved a bottomless box of goodies.

Anonymous said...

Netter you are so spoiled nice little package though. Can we never mention the salt and vinegar crickets again they make me gag just the thought of them and you know how I gag. Looks as if you had a nice Birthday.

sweetiepie said...

Netter - Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. I laughed when you said the wallpaper was the same your grandparents had. This paper has been on these walls since 1953. I have two other rooms in the house that still have wallpaper from this era. It was in good shape when we moved in 25 years ago so I left it. Now I wish I could paint but it isn't going to happen this time around.

I am also an Elvis fan. I still have my albums, but I don't play them. That record player needed a new needle and I didn't want to ruin my albums.

Anonymous said...

Congrats... nice gifts !