Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It's my Birthday!

Ah, the sky is blue, no rain clouds in sight...it could be a great day after all. I love birthdays, everyone knows that...I don't get all depressed about getting older, I look at it like this...HEY, I'm alive! I will admit that when I first woke up at 6:30AM, I was feeling a little blue. Sam left for school without even saying Happy Birthday to me. I'm sure he totally forgot...the turd, and I refuse to remind him. Needless to say, I was in a slight funk so I did what all grouchy people should do. I curled up on the sofa with a blanket and a soft pillow and I took an hour and a half nap. Let me tell you, that was what the doctor ordered. Then I got up, jumped in the shower and while I was washing the sleep out of my eyes, Chris Leach called me on my cell phone and left me the BEST message ever. Why the best? The guys sang a funny, perky Happy Birthday song to me and wished me a very happy day before he went off to review some of his law studies work. I just adore him, I really do, but everyone knows how much I love my Leaches...they are the best. Chris was my first birthday call and my friend Susanne in Switzerland sent me my first Birthday email of the day. Later I'm going to send her an email...we need to catch up. She's due to have a cesarean next week, on the 13th. I need to get a present for her and get it in the mail.

Anyway, I'll update about my Birthday as the day progresses. First I have to do some errands...go to the nursery and get 4 shrubs for the front yard, return the upholstery books and get a few new ones, pick up a small Carvel ice cream cake for myself...because Nancy is out of town this week and nobody else is going to get me one, oh and then I get to open my contest prize package that Lettie sent me. YEP...more to come.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday NETTER!!!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happpppyyy Birthday dear Netter!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!

AND MANY MORRRRRRRRRRRE!!

Have a good one. I would take you out for your big day, but you know the location problem!!! **wink wink**

Rockstar Mom said...

Zippity do da,
Zippity aye,
My oh my it is Netter's birthday.
Plenty of candles and a beautiful day,
Zippity do da,
Zippity aye!

Mandy stole my birthday tune...so this was all I could come up with in a clinch.

The pressure has given me a headache. Gee, thanks a lot Mandy.

Happy birthday Netters!!!!!!

Kare said...

It's your day! woot woot!
Happy birthday, Netter.

Netter said...

Mandy~ Thanks a million!

Marianne~ I loved your lyric. It made me giggle, so it was worth the headache, don't you think.

Kare~ Thanks...Whenever I hear someone giving a "woot", I am overcome with the sudden urge to do a shot...but that would lead to me puking my guts out....so, I'll just skip that.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nettski!! Have a wonderful day!

Carvel cake? Ah, memories!

Anonymous said...

I'll share Marianne!! I'm pretty good at it when I want toooo!! LOL

.:Cris:. said...

Happy Durpday to you!
Happy Durpday to you!
Happy Durpday dear Neeeetter!
Happy Durpday to you!

Hope the sun shines on you all day long. :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves the Leaches! I am so glad you shared them. But BEST message ever? Hmmm. EVER? We'll see...

Renna said...

What a great time of year to have been born, since it means you always get to have your birthday at a beautiful time of the year. Happy birthday to youuuuuu!

Netter said...

Sue~ Thank you! I got your card in the mail...loved it!

Cris~lol, everyone is so creative with the birthday songs...must be something in the air. The sun did shine all day. It's only the third birthday that I had sunny skies all day...it usually rains on my b-day.

Raine~ It was a cute message, and he was in such a sweet and jolly mood. Must be because he is done with finals...anyway I was blessed with TWO calls from Chris today. Katie hasn't called, IM'd or emailed me....sob...but I understand, she's in the middle of finals. I'll see her Sunday.

Reena~ Thank you so much. Yes, I love May, its my very favorite month...its all the flowers and new sprouts, blue skies and warmer weather that puts a bounce in my step.

Anonymous said...

dam your getting old

the kansas red neck

Anonymous said...

oh i forgot to wish you a happy birthday

.:Cris:. said...

:) I plagurized (is that how its spelled?) Nano- that's how he used to say birthday, its kinda a thing around here now.

Glad the sun shined for you!

denise said...

happy late b day nett sorry it wasnt sooner but my internet has been messing up alot latly

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!