Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm back....and first things first...

My wrist still hurts most of the time, but I really need to post about my birthday present from Raine and Chris. She'd kill me if I posted other things before I showed you what she gave me. Believe me, she would. I've had several phone calls on the subject. She's only cut me a breat because of my wrist. Anyway, They always give the nicest presents...and Raine always remembers all the things I like, plus the things that she knows will make me laugh. This year she hit the ball out of the park. Really! She bought me the Iron Fairy book, volume one. You have to have it to get into the cave, but now I'm stuck until volume 2 comes out. She gave me dirty soap...and by dirty I mean, naughty..my favorite kind. The directions on the back read as follows: 1)Share with someone in warm shower. 2)Rinse. 3) Then shower with someone NEW in warm shower. 4)Rinse. It has a warning which says, "Nothing risque, nothing gained." I like how they think...lol. Plus I got a bag of kettle corn...yummy! I also received five Curly Whirly candy bars...yummy...and they gave me a magnet that says "I"m happy...Don't ruin it!" I think that might have to be my new moto.
OK, but the best part of the present...the really funny part is what she put it in. A neat little container that looked like a silver briefcase or computer case at first glance. But if you look closer....
THAT is what it said on the front! I about died when they handed me the container while we were seated at The Cheesecake Factory. Here is the crazy thing about the whole story. After I opened it, I placed it on the seat across from me so we could eat. I didn't think a thing about it. When we got up to leave, the lady across from me said, "Excuse me, could I as you a question." I turned to her and said yes, thinking she needed directions or wanted to know what we ate. Then she said, "Is that (meaning the case) really full of those things?" Then I started laughing and expained that it wasn't full of condoms. That my friends had just used it as a "gift bag" to give me my birthday presents be cause they thought it would be funny. We all started laughing and the ladies Mother, looked confused. As I walked away, I'm sure her daughter explained what we were talking about.
I have to say, even if Raine and Chris came out and never bothered to give me a present, I would have been just as happy to spend the day with them. It seems like It's been ages since we actually spent more than a couple short hours together before Raine had to run off. She's a busy gal, these days. I've missed her. Truth be told, I'd probably volenteer to help her clean her apartment all day if that meant I just got to hang out with her. Raine makes everything more fun. She's just so bright and witty, you'd have to be a moron not to enjoy her company. Oh and its always fun when she brings her hubbie along, because then we have someone to pick on....but he deserves it most of the time.

5 comments:

aj said...

LOL OMG I seriously love that case.

Happy Belated Birthday, Netter, and I hope your wrist gets better VERY quickly!

(I hear you've got some great new things from a certain Illinois lady that need some wrist action!)

Er, that sounded dirty.

Netter said...

Thanks AJ, I know, I love the case too. Oh yes, Brandy did send me something fun and not dirty in any way, shape, or form...lol. I can't wait to use it, I read the book, now I hust have to wait until my wrist feels better.

Idaho Gal said...

HA! That is one great friend you've got there to give you a gift like that!

Tami said...

Those are really cool gifts. I hardly ever go shopping if I can help it so I never find anything cool like that. I haven't even gotten Philip a bday present yet. He did get to smear cake & ice cream all over himself though so he was happy.

Also, please relay to Raine: Thank you for the contest prizes. I love them. The shoes are a little bit big for Meredith yet but she wears them now anyway because they're purple. - You know, fashion first!

Anonymous said...

Too totally funny! Clever! Hope your wrist gets better soon.