Tuesday, April 01, 2008

You know what today is!


A fool is better liked for his folly,
than a wise man for his wisdom,
So
why not be a little foolish today;
Of all the creatures that creep, swim or
fly,
Peopling the earth, waters and the sky,
From Rome to Iceland, Paris
to Japan,
I really think, the greatest fool is man …

– Nicholas
Boileau Despreaux (1630-1711)

You know, I really love this day. I drove Sam to school today and told him to make sure he got someone today before he came home. He looked at me funny and I said, "Today is April Fools Day." He answered with, "You haven't tricked me yet today." I told him I wasn't going to this year. Not because I'm not really going to do it...its just that I don't have any plans to. You never really know with me. Some of my best pranks are last minute strokes of genius. I'm not sure he believed me anyway...and perhaps the best joke is having him wait all day for a prank that doesn't happen. Yes, I know...I'm evil. I can't help it, its genetic.

6 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

I was good today, though I did tell the Boy that he had to go to school all summer.

Netter said...

DH~ lol, classic!

Millie said...

I just read your new header on this site... lol lol Annette, Annette, I can see Grandma S. is picking on you... She could never find her scissors either.. always blamed someone for taking or moving them... I love it!!!! Pay backs are hell, aren't they?????

Netter said...

Mother, I can never find my scissors. I'll be using them, sit then down for a second and they are gone. Oh sure if I look around a little, they show up. Usually under my leg or under something. I don't claim that people are stealing my scissors though. Basically because I use a sharpie marker and put my name on them....hehe, that way they can't pass them off for their own. They also can't use my fabric scissors on paper because I write "FABRIC ONLY" on the blades.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I've been yelled at (more than once I might add) about using the FABRIC scissors on PAPER.

Netter said...

Well, I dulls the blades. I'm anal about my fabric scissors, yah know.