Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm not telling....yet.

Marianne thinks my quotes are obscure. Wha! Huh! I totally remember them from the movies. I could just tell you the titles but what fun is that. I think I will add to it. I'll post some more dialog for the ones that nobody figured out. Did you really think I would be that easy? No comments from the peanut gallery! Let's be civilized ladies and gentleman. Fine! Just humor me for a few minutes.

If it has not been solved already, I will post an additional quote after the original one that I posted.

1) ALREADY SOLVED "Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole." (Harvey~ Millie, aka Mom)

2) "I wouldn't give you two cents for all your fancy rules if, behind them, they didn't have a little bit of plain, ordinary, everyday kindness and a little looking out for the other fella, too."
Second Quote: Person #1: "Mr. President, will the Senator yield?" Person #2: "Will the Senator yield?" Person #3: "No, sir, I'm afraid not, no sir. I yielded the floor once before, if you can remember, and I was practically never heard of again. No sir. And we might as well all get together on this yielding business right off the bat, now." (Mr Smith Goes To Washington~ Raine)

3) "My father used to say that if we ever had the money you have, we would eat steak and ice cream three times everyday."

Second Quote:
Older man: [reading little girls locket] "When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will. - Abraham Lincoln."
Little Girl: "He was President."
Older man: "Yes, I know... but I've never heard *that* before." (Pollyanna~ Raine)

4) "Keep your pantyhose on."

Second Qote: Man #1: [regarding a woman] God, I hate that bitch.
Man #2: Probably shouldn't have married her then, huh? (The Abyss~ Sue)

5)Already Solved "Would you stop feeling sorry for yourself? It's bad for your complexion." ( Sixteen Candles ~Marianne)

6)Already Solved "Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant." (Sense and Sensability ~Sue)

7)Already Solved "He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long." (The Quiet Man~KP)

8) "Now see here, if you are going to marry him on my money you are very much mistaken. I don't want another lunatic in the family I have lunatic enough all ready."

Second Quote:
[Woman is stealing Man's car from the golf course]
Woman: Now, don't lose your temper.
Man: My dear young lady, I'm not losing my temper. I'm merely trying to play some golf!
Woman: You choose the funniest places; this is a parking lot. (Bringing Up Baby~ Raine)

9)Already Solved "I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison. Sing Sing, I mean. Sounds more like it should be an opera house or something." (Breakfast at Tiffany's ~Kim "Idaho Gal")

10) "Boys are always guilty of something nasty. What could it be this time, I wonder?"

Second Quote: "Now this is the way it's gonna be: I'm a man and you're boys. Not cowmen, not by a damn sight, nothing but cowboys just like the word says. And I'm gonna remind you of it every single minute of every day and night. (The Coboys~ Raine)

2 comments:

Netter said...

Sure, sure, after I post the extra quotes, I discover that people guessed correctly while I was posting. Everything has been solved. That was a fun meme.

Rockstar Mom said...

I think Raine had an unfair advantage. I should protest, but I don't have the energy.