Monday, March 31, 2008

Movie Quote Meme.


Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
Go to imdb.com and find a quote from each movie.
Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
Strike it out when someone guesses correctly and put who guessed it and the movie. No cheating!

I will give you a hint. These are some of my favorite movies and if you don't watch a lot of old movies...you'll probably be stumped.

1) "Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole." (Harvey~ Millie, aka Mom)

2) "I wouldn't give you two cents for all your fancy rules if, behind them, they didn't have a little bit of plain, ordinary, everyday kindness and a little looking out for the other fella, too."

3) "My father used to say that if we ever had the money you have, we would eat steak and ice cream three times everyday."

4) "Keep your pantyhose on. "

5) "Would you stop feeling sorry for yourself? It's bad for your complexion." ( Sixteen Candles ~Marianne)

6) "Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant." (Sense and Sensability ~Sue)

7)"He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long." (The Quiet Man~KP)
8) "Now see here, if you are going to marry him on my money you are very much mistaken. I don't want another lunatic in the family I have lunatic enough all ready."

9) "I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison. Sing Sing, I mean. Sounds more like it should be an opera house or something." (Breakfast at Tiffany's ~Kim "Idaho Gal")

10) "Boys are always guilty of something nasty. What could it be this time, I wonder?"

19 comments:

Wolfgang (pronounced Voolf-gong) said...

something must be from a ma and pa kettle movie hahahaa.

5. Cruel Intentions?

That's all I got...

Netter said...

HEHE....actually, I should have put a Ma and Pa Kettle quote in there. I love those movies.

Oh and you are wrong on number 5. Its a little older than that movie. Actually, its a movie that I made you watch. It's an 80's teen classic....that's all I'm saying.

Rockstar Mom said...

#5 Sixteen Candles. An all time classic.

Netter said...

Yep, you are right! Love that movie. I could watch it over and over again.

Anonymous said...

#4 - One Flew over the CooCoo's Nest?

Netter said...

Hi Andi~ Nope. good guess though. It's a little newer than that.

Rockstar Mom said...

Is #9 from Shawshank Redemption?

Anonymous said...

#7 = The Quiet Man - I love me some John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara

Netter said...

Marianne~ Nope...but I love that movie too. I just watched it again the other day. #9 is much older, it was actually made before my time.

kp~ Very good! I love The Quiet Man.

Yarn Tails said...

Well you got me on all of them. Either that or I have been couped up with a bunch of dementia patients all day today! LOL And it rubbed off on me.

Idaho Gal said...

#9 Breakfast at Tiffany's?

I remember Holly Golightly visiting some guy there.

Anonymous said...

#6? Marianne to Eleanor in Sense and Sensibility?

Anonymous said...

This is a wild-a$$ guess: #8? Moonstruck? Did Cosmo say it? Just guessing.

Netter said...

You were right about #6 but not #8, good try though.

Millie said...

# 1 Harvey (the invisible rabbit)w/ Jimmy Stewart

# 3 Cheaper by the Dozen

I doubt if I'm correct on either of these, but I thought I'd give it a shot.. frankly, none of them sound familiar!!! and I'm old enough to know some of them, I'm sure,but maybe they are't my type of movies...

Netter said...

Mom, you were right about Harvey. Wrong about #3. There are kids in the movie though. I may have to add more quotes so people can figure out some of these.

Rockstar Mom said...

Girl...post the answers. These are obscure movies!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, #4, The Abyss?

Anonymous said...

2) Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
3) Pollyanna
4) The Abyss
8) Bringing Up Baby
10) The Cowboys? *I think?

I'm a bit miffed though, you didn't post for weeks and weeks so I stopped checking every day...and missed this post when it was new, and now all I can answer are these ones :( Do I still get a prize?!?!