Monday, April 14, 2008

Well, that was unpleasant...

I don't know what the deal was, but I had the worst tummy ache last night. I was miserable. I actually got up and took a dose of Pepto-Bismol-Ca-ca, as I refer to it and that stuff is disgusting. I can't stand the smell of it, let alone allow that thick pink syrup to hit my tongue. I will say this much for it, I did feel a little better about 20 minutes after I took it. I kept thinking I would feel better if I would just throw up. Yeah, that didn't happen. I did get a couple burps out but that wasn't enough to help. All I know is I wasn't happy sitting, standing , walking, or laying down. I would have considered standing on my head if I thought that would have helped. All I know is that I will never eat another slice of Pizza from the place I ate at yesterday evening. I'm blaming it on them. I felt fine when I went in...and later I was a wreck. I mean I was laying there moaning and all I could think of was, "this must have been how Chester felt when he ate all that raw hamburger off the counter and later laid on the floor moaning." I didn't feel so sorry for the dog at the time...jumping up and eating all those burger paddies while my back was turned for 3 seconds... served him right. Well, last night I seriously re-thought my initial response to his tummy ache moans. After all, nobody forced me to eat a slice of chicken and mushroom pizza. I mean, at the time it was really good, the crust was a little too greasy but it was crunchy. Who knew it would make me feel so crappy later though.

Thank goodness, I woke up feeling much better this morning. I don't think I could have stood another dose of Pepto.

You know, I wonder if my restless nature last night had something to do with the vivid dream I had. I actually saw and talked to a girl I graduated with. She passed away in a car accident just before her 21st birthday. I just found it so strange that she was there in my dream, walking pass me. I turned to her and said, "Jamie?! What are you doing here?" She said she was just visiting a friend and we started chatting, catching up. She told me she was happy where she was living, but she didn't say where that was. She had heard about what I was up to from different people...through the grapevine kind of thing and she said that she was always glad to hear that I was happy. This dream was very long. Maybe in reality it wasn't but in my dream, I talked to Jamie for a very long time. It was really nice. I didn't get the feeling that she wanted something from me, like when she'd call me to get the answers to our homework. Nope, this was more like when she'd tell me where the party was and try to get me to come. She was very sincere and when it was time for us to part, I remember we were both sad about it. We hugged goodbye and she said, "Let's not wait so long to see each other again." I agreed and we both turned to walk away, her toward a group of trees and me toward a sparkling pool. When I turned around again, she was gone.

I've had two dreams about my old High school classmates in the last two weeks. The first one was less real. We were in one of the science rooms. We were taking a test and Bret was sitting next to me. He had the answers to the test ahead of time and he was whispering to me an answer. Meanwhile, Tami is sitting at an angle behind me. I could turn my head and see her. She was sitting back there, complaining that she didn't know any of the answers....which in reality would have been strange, because Tami always knew the answers. But in this dream, I remembered that the reason she was struggling was because I hadn't given her the paper to study the day before. I felt terrible so I was turning and mouthing the answers to her. She wasn't getting a thing I said. The teacher was walking around the room and I was trying to figure out how I could pass her Bret's answer sheet without getting caught. Meanwhile, Bret is getting pissed at me because I'm not writing down that Pooch was an engineer. When I asked Bret what type of engineer, he just said, don't worry about it, it doesn't matter, you'll get full credit if you just write that. The whole time this is going on, I can hear Tami saying, "How the hell am I supposed to know what these people do for a living. Who cares!" At that point I grab Bret's answer sheet and toss it at her. The last thing I remember is it floating in the air, back and forth, back and forth...like a sheet of unfolded paper does, when you try to toss it at someone. It was just strange.

3 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

I think Jamie came back to say hi to you. Call me crazy, I don't care. I believe that when we dream about folks who have passed, they are coming to visit us. After Trey's suicide, I dreamed him three times. Each time he was laughing and smiling and I knew he was telling me that he was okay.

Jamie came across to you as sincere, and I think she may have needed for you to know that.

One time when I was 9, my parents left me and my siblings with a real ditzy aunt for several days while they moved our home from Chicago to Texas. I got sick during the stay and in the middle of the night, my aunt gave me some Pepto Bismol.

I told her it tasted terrible, not like Pepto usually tastes. She said, they don't make it like they used to. I kept throwing up...even more. I begged for more Pepto cause I didn't know what else to do. This time she turned the bathroom light on when she retrieved the Pepto and discovered to her horror and mine, that she had earlier fed me.....Calamine Lotion.

We never stayed at that aunt's house again.

Netter said...

Calamine Lotion...dear Lord, the woman was trying to kill you!

I wonder if you are right about the dream...maybe you are. It was so VIVID...I mean seriously. At one point the wind was blowing and I could feel it...and it was tossing her curls around. It was crazy how shiney her hair was and it was like I could see every single strand. It's strange to see and speak with someone you have not seen for over 15 years and its like you just saw them yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I went to this special invitation only screening of a movie at the HBO hq in NYC city and thought I was going to die! An hour before the screening, we had stopped at one of the zillions of Ralph's Pizzas in the city for a slice and I now know the meaning of regret. Intimately.