Saturday, April 05, 2008

Oh yes, I remember that design!

I was skipping around the Internet looking for a future craft project. Can you ever really have to many plans for future projects? I think not...anyway, I happened across this Cross Stitch design that I have worked on in the past. I didn't buy the "Footprints in the Sand" X-stitch. Nope. I didn't start stitching. Nope. I sure finished it though. You see, back in the early 90's. My friend Michelle was taught how to cross stitch. I was there when she was shown how to do it, so naturally being the visual learner that I am...I peaked over their shoulders and learned a thing or two myself.
Anyway, Michelle bought this for her Grandma. She worked on it for quite a while and then she hit the wall, so to speak. She just didn't feel like she could complete it. The problem was that she had promised the piece to her Grandma. That is where I come in. Michelle suckered me into working on it for her. Now, you know you have to be a pretty good friend for me to agree to do all those back stitches for the letters. I hate doing those. Little X's are no big deal but I can't stand doing letters and outlining things. If I remember correctly, she was about 1/4 done with it, perhaps a little over that. I somehow managed to get it done. I'm pretty sure she gave it to her Grandma...but I'm not sure she shared the secret with her. lol, that's OK with me. All I know is that I have not worked on a X-stitch with so many words and back stitching since. I'm pretty sure I never will either.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you ignoring me?? Call me please.

Netter said...

Ofcourse I wasn't ingnoring you. I slept in this morning...my cell phone wasn't in my bedroom, I was in the shower when you called, I was listening to your voice message when you called again. I answered the other phone but you were not there, so I hung up and called you back, left a voice message and half way through my message you beeped in so I clicked over to you. So, no, I wasn't ignorning you.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I remember seeing this design, I am sure of it. Anyway thank you so much sweetie for visiting me and your lovely comments. Are town is pretty much back to normal now. But we have another chance for rain this week! Just what we need! LOL! i am adding you to my blogroll. Huggles!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!