Saturday, April 05, 2008

Guess what I did tonight!


I attended the 1,174th LIVE Broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor as host at the Town Hall in NYC. So if you missed it, there will be a rebroadcast on Sunday at 11 AM on WNYC 820 AM. Besides Mr Keillor we were delighted by The Guy's All-Star Shoe Band and might I add that they were wonderful. Tim Russell and Sue Scott played voices in the skits, which included the Guy Noir Detective skit while Fred Newman was the sound effects guy. Special Guest stars were Kimberly Williams-Paisley better known for her part as the Bride in the two Father of the Bride movies and married to one of the other guest performers, Brad Paisley. If you listen to country music, you know who he is. Might I add, that after seeing him preform in this venue, I'd see him in a concert in a heartbeat. If you don't know who he is, check out his latest album, 5th Gear on Arista Nashville. We also heard Jean Redpath, the Scottish folk singer and we heard the poetry of a local poet whose name is escaping me at the moment. I'm sure it will pop into my mind later.
Anyway, I had a great time and suggest that if you ever have the chance to catch a live broadcast of the show, that you do so. Don't hesitate...it was fun.

6 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

Oh, cool!

Anonymous said...

I had the wonderful experience of attending 2 of his live performances. In one of them, I was able to meet him face to face, get his autograph, have my picture taken standing next to him.

He is a wonderful performer and a very nice person.

Anonymous said...

show band? Why didn't I go!! And I really want to know, would you recommend the movie starring Lilo too?

Netter said...

Rain, what ever you do...stay away from that movie. It was sooo bad. You have to see the show live.

Anonymous said...

Neato!

Rockstar Mom said...

I love Brad Paisley! And his videos are flippin' hilarious! Now he is a true entertainer.