Sunday, April 06, 2008

I have a reputation to uphold, huh!



I have caught so much flax for not pulling any gags on April Fools Day. Yes, its true that I do every year. I actually thought about doing something and had a few ideas but I decided it was more fun having Sam walk around all paranoid. Yes, that was a lot more fun than actually pranking him. Although, my critics will get a kick out of this story...

The next day, Sam poured himself a glass of his Lactaid milk and added his chocolate syrup for a little treat. He had grabbed one of the half gallons of milk and it was almost empty so he dumped all of it in the glass, then he grabbed the other container, which we all assumed was full because it was in the back. It turns out that it was almost gone too, but between the two cartons, he managed to get a full glass worth. Now, I always put the new containers of milk in the back and use the open one first...but other people in this house seem to find that basically impossible to do. They are so bad about using up one container before opening the next one....annoys me to no end. Anyway, I went downstairs to fold some clothes and call my Mom. While I was talking to Mom, Sam came down and asked me if I had done something to the milk and if it was a leftover April Fools Joke. I said no, I didn't do anything at all this year. To which he said, Oh, then I guess the milk was just bad. LOL, so that container in the back had gone bad even though Lactaid milk has a longer shelf life than regular milk. Poor kid, he thought I forgot about one of my boobie traps. The joke was on him...wasn't it!

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Poor, poor Sam! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Aww LOL!

Rockstar Mom said...

That's funny. So the non-gag went on well past April Fool's Day.

We started drinking Silk Milk around here. It's cholesterol free (good for me) and high in potassium (good for Shark) and Mollie loves the French Vanilla flavor in her breakfast cereal.

I noticed it lasts longer than regular milk too.

Anonymous said...

It last longer because nobody likes it. I don't know never tried it I don't even care that much for milk but I do know if I drank sour milk I would throw up. Thats no joke.