Thursday, January 10, 2008

Our Twitter will be missed....

I received some more bad news this week. My Friends kitty passed away in his sleep. Hamlet was his given name but he also answered to Twitters and a few other nicknames. I know Raine and Christopher are devastated by his sudden loss. Twit was a kitty like no other. He was an original. When he loved you, he loved you with all his heart. Don't let his size fool you. He was thin, with long skinny legs but he had one LARGE heart, golden to boot. I went with Raine to pick Hamlet "Twitters" up in Boston. His owner had passed away and Raine and Chris were doing a favor for one of their friends. They were going to keep him for a little while. That "little while" became forever. He became part of their family.
Twitters was a good friend. when his pal Tooches was feeling stiff from old age, Twitters cleaned his fur for him, in all the places he couldn't reach. They were great buddies. I bet when Twitters passed into the Pearly gates, Tooches was the first face he saw. I'm sure they are hanging out, feasting on bits of dried fish...otherwise known as Kitty Crack.
Knowing Twitters, he's sprinkling some Cinnamon on his dried fish. That kitty loved anything with Cinnamon on it. He's telling Tooches that he took great care of Raine and Chris after he left and how much they all missed him, their pal the great grey bear.

Twitters was my napping pal. I'd occasionally kitty sit while Raine and Chris were out of town. I'd curl up on the sofa with a book and I'd end up with Twitters perched on my lap. I'd read until the warmth of his little body and his steady breathing would lull me into joint slumber. I can honestly say, the best naps I ever took were with Twitters snuggled up to me.
Sometimes, you would want to get up, but the sight of him, so relaxed, so at peace with the world, well....who would want to disturb that?! So you would lay there, under his spell until he stretched, yawned and decided it was time for a quick nibble or his apartment patrol. He kept a good watch over everyone and everything.

The last time I saw him was in November. I spent the night in his home. I fell asleep on my side on the sofa. Twitters was perched on my hip, paws tucked carefully under him. He wasn't afraid of me moving and knocking him off. In the end, the other kitties were raising hell, jumping all over the sofa, walking all over me, making a racket, so I chased them all out of the room and closed the door. It was dark and I couldn't see. I thought they were all out but I shut the door on poor Twitters tail. He let out a kitty yelp. I felt so bad. I never got to find out if he forgave me for hurting his poor little tail. It was the last time I would see him.

He is greatly missed and will never be forgotten.

10 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

I was just wondering the other day if there is a Rainbow Bridge for kitties. I guess Twitter's would know.

This is one of the sweetest tributes to a pet I have ever read. Very well done Netter's.

My thoughts are with Raine and the hubby.

Kare said...

aw.

Anonymous said...

Aw! I'm sure Twitters will be missed by all. Sounds like he was a very sweet kitty.

Netter said...

Thanks ladies....he really was a wonderful kitty. Not only that, he scored big time when Raine and Chris came into his life. That kitty was loved...and in the end, isn't that what we all hope for...true love in our short lives.

Anonymous said...

Tell Raine and Chris that I'm sorry about Twitters I know hao hard it is to loose a cat. You get so attached. I still look around for ours and its been a couple years.

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet, Nett. Thank you. It's made me cry right here at my desk. I do miss him so much, even though I know Christopher was his "master". You forgot to put in one little detail: That you were Twit's Smackerel dealer. It was so funny how he was addicted to those Mackerel flakes you gave him for Christmas one year.

Netter said...

Aww Raine! You are right, Chris was Twitters Mighty Master. Those two were buddies. Twit would do the cutest things for Chris.

Yes, I was the Kitty Crack supplier. Remember that time I gave you a tin of that stuff and he figured out how to get the tin open and though he couldn't rip open the package, he managed to chew it enough that he could get use the bag like a salt shaker and then he'd lick up his seasoning. There was pulverized fish flakes everywhere, though he really did lick most of it up.
He really was a great kitty.

Anonymous said...

awh.. sorry for your loss. Cute kitty.

Kissiffer said...

Cheers Nett. Those are some really special memories. The place isn't quite the same without the little fella.

denise said...

awww.... that was so sad just reading it made me almost cry. i just realized that twitters looks almost exactly the same as ours only twitters has just a little bit more of a gray color. if we ever have to find her a new home i know who i will ask first.