Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm feeling a little...out of sorts.

Yeah, I guess that says it all. Out of sorts. Not quite my wacky old self, not quite as perky and ornery as I normally am. I guess I have a case of the ho-hums. I'm not depressed or anything like that, just out of sorts. I've been knitting the same old scarf pattern, for no other reason than I'm trying to keep myself occupied and ever so slightly busy with something creative. I'm just not feeling inspired. That's out of sorts for me. I usually have great rushes of energy and excitement for some project, whether its a craft project or a prank. I just need a big dose of inspiration to knock my butt out of this funk. All in good time, I guess. I'm sure it doesn't help that I can't plan anything on the weekends through the end of Feb because of work. The bosses are out of town on a trial and I have no idea until Friday whether or not they will be coming home or staying there to work. It kind of puts a big damper on your social life.



I'm making the most of my time stuck in this house....I'm cleaning out my craft supplies and going through my closet and dressers. I'm kicking clutters a$$ and taking names later. I'm going to trash and give away my stuff that I don't want anymore or have not touched in several years. After I'm done with that, I'm starting a list of craft projects that I need to do with the things that I have left. I am not letting myself buy more stuff until I get rid of some of the stuff I have. Who knows, I might post pics of stuff and if anyone wants it, its yours.... we will have to see about that.



I'm off to clean up the kitchen. Sam decided to make oatmeal today for breakfast and he made a heck of a mess. Don't ask me why he didn't use the instant oatmeal and decided to use the regular stuff...than proceeded to dump half a bottle of maple syrup in it in an attempt to give it more flavor like the instant packs have in them. We have a sticky situation as a result. I'm not really sure how he could get so much syrup all over the place. I can't stand sticky counter tops. Who am I kidding, I can't stand crumbs, water spots...basically anything but a sparkling clean and completely dry kitchen counter.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Yes, you really are kinda OCD about the kitchen, aren't you. Just remember - you've been warned - don't just drop by unannounced and expect MY kitchen to be that clean. That being said, if you're ever in the neighborhood, come on in!

Netter said...

OCD whoziwhatsit!? Not me....no, no....OK, maybe just a little bit. It doesn't bother me at other peoples homes because I don't have to look at it all day and I know I won't have to clean it later.

I've missed you...when are you blogging again?

sara said...

love the cat pic! I've had a crafting malaise lately too.