Sunday, November 11, 2007

Market Research made me $7 richer.



I was at the Mall with Emily today and we were approached by a lady wanting to know if we would answer a few questions for product research. I asked her how long it would take and she said about ten minutes. I said, I don't think so and the lady said that they paid between $2-$5.00 depending on the product and the survey. I was getting ready to say "No, thank you." when Emily said, "Sure we'll do it." I was nice and went along with it. We had to go into this office and they asked our age. Then they separated us and they had me do a survey for Hellman's Mayonnaise. It was easy, I picked out which bottle I was drawn to on a picture of grocery shelves stocked with Hellman's in different bottles. Then I had to answer a bunch of questions about a certain bottle and label design. After that I had to go into a dark room and sit in a chair while they vision mapped me. First they ask you to look at certain numbers on the screen then they put up different pictures and ask you to look at it before going to a different picture. After that, I was given $5.00 and sent back into the main room. Then I was asked to watch a few movie previews and then answer the questions after the preview. I got stuck watching the preview for the new Rambo movie. Yuck....enough said, but I got $2.00 for doing that. Not bad $7.00 for answering some silly questions.

When I was done, I found Emily in the hall, she was promptly annoyed because she only made $2.oo...lol, and it was her idea to do this in the first place. I thought it was pretty funny because if she hadn't been with me, I would have totally told that lady no.
Yep, $7.00 smackaroos that I proptly spent on craft supplies, ahhhh, life is good!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of research participation! I once made $30 because I came back 4 times to test these yogurt drinks that never actually made it to market. It was fun though.

Kare said...

That's pretty cool and weird at the same time, Nett.
Weren't you a little nervous, though, when they stuck you in a dark room?
And you had to watch a preview for a new Rambo movie? Are you messing with us? Isn't Stallone like 80 now?
I have never heard of this type of research in malls before...Rain, where did the yogurt thing happen? Was it in a grocery store or a mall too?

Sorry about all the questions. Apparently, I'm 2.

MiYon said...

LOL An easy $7, except for watching the Rambo '08 preview. Honestly, I would rather eat five spoonfuls of plain mayo. :P

Anonymous said...

That is funny that you can now say, "Hmmm Rambo, you'd have to pay me to watch it..." and they did! I was approached in a mall too. They had offices down this side hall I'd never noticed before. They ask you to fillout a questionairre so they can see which of the research projects you're a fit for and voila! You're making money is no time!

Priscilla said...

I got a research in the mail with a $10.00 bill with it and when I sent it back they sent a $20.00. I didn't have to go to the mall.lol

Netter said...

Raine! Where were you when you were making all that cash? The Broadway Mall?

Oh yeah, I felt kind of bad because I was having touble saying anything nice about that Rambo movie.

Anonymous said...

Kewl! I've made 20 on product researches. I do them from my home.

Rockstar Mom said...

$7.00!!?? That's almost enough for a gallon of gas!!!

Netter said...

lol, Marianne, that is almost enough to make me cry. It's so darn true though, isn't it.

Wolfgang (pronounced Voolf-gong) said...

Hahaha that WOULD happen to you. I love those survey things... they have them at my school all the time. I made $10 for playing deal or no deal and filling out a personality survey packet. Yay money :)