Monday, November 12, 2007

How I have been spending my weekends...

 
Posted by Picasa
The raised garden beds are well under way and will hopefully be complete by this weekend. We have one completed box to put in the ground and level out, then two larger boxes to build and set in the ground. After that the boxes have to be filled up with the dirt that Jim removed from his old raised garden bed and put in a large rubbish container for storage until its placed back into the new cedar beds. The pebbles will not be in place on the walk ways until the spring because Jim has to put down gardening cloth, then an inch of sand topped off with 3 inches of pebbles. The job won't be completely finished until the arbors are built. It should look pretty nice by next summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For now it reminds me of the graduated gardens of Japan...or at least from what I've seen in movies. Next Mr. Leach should build a koi pond! And then the Leaches can buy a humongous aquariam for the fish to live in during the winter!

Netter said...

Hehe...yeah, can you see Jean going for that? I think not? Where would they put the tank? Katies bedroom...lol, she'd freak.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are gonna be great next year. I'm trying to come up with something like it for my back yard.