Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Leaf garland....ah, Fall!!

I was at the Leach house on Sunday, helping Jim with the garden beds again. I swear that the raised beds will not be done until after Thanksgiving. It's going slow. I should ask him if he needs my help this weekend....anyway, while I was at their house, I noticed the lovely leaves in the front yard. We don't have pretty fall trees at our house, at least not yet. Jean said she thinks the front leaves turned early because she hadn't watered those trees very much and that happens when you have young trees. Anyway I took a huge garbage bag of them home with me. I sat on the floor the other afternoon with the leaves, a roll of floral wire and some twine. I ended up with a very pretty swag of leaves. I like it, it was easy and it brings a little of that fall beauty into the warm house. I would love to make one to go around the whole front door of the house but its a double door, so it would take a while. Maybe next year, now that I have it down to a science. I have Christmas ornies to make for this year. I need to get a move on.Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool.

Tami said...

Are you serious? You haven't made Christmas ornaments yet? I am amazed. I haven't either but that's normal for me.

Netter said...

I know! I'm a total slacker. I have a funny feeling I do have ornaments made and in the attic from last year but I have not found them yet because that would mean I have to actually go in the attic. See my problem.

Kare said...

Netter, that is gorgeous!
I know I've mentioned this about a billion times, but you really really really need your own tv show!

Netter said...

Aw, thanks Kare. Everyone tells me that, but I don't need that extra 10 pounds that the cameras add. No seriously, I don't.

Kare said...

Netter.. we don't care!

If there are any TV people reading this.... snap this girl up.
Really.
She's great.
She's crafty, smart, funny, has a beautiful voice, and can do anything.

MiYon said...

You're so crafty!!