Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I found the ribbon...I found the ribbon!

Finally! After searching all day, I discovered the purple ribbon that I totally hid from myself. It wasn't even in plain site, so I don't feel so stupid anymore. So, here is my creation....a purple Halloween wreath that even lights up if I want it to, but I like it just as much without the lights. Now I have to store it up in the attic with all the Halloween decorations that I didn't drag out this year. I looooove this holiday and I usually create a scary basement but with all the construction, I couldn't bare to bring myself clutter the house anymore than it already is. I also made a Super Hero cape for Sam....but I didn't get a pic tonight of it. I'll make him model it tomorrow. I only had a days notice and didn't get to the store to buy fabric until well into the afternoon, so it was a quickie job. Everyone seems impressed. I would have liked a longer cape but I would have needed more fabric and I bought all that was left. I made do, so to speak, but you'll see what I mean. I hope everyone had a spooky night. We gave away more candy than we have in years. The weather was so mild that I think it encouraged people to hit the streets.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Tami said...

That wreath is SO COOL! I may need one for next year.

Netter said...

Run out, pick up a bunch of stuff on post Halloween clearance and I will make one for you when I'm at your house for Christmas. It only took me about 20 minutes to wire everything in, but I was watching TV at the same time.

Anonymous said...

You are so clever!! Love that wreath!

Kym said...

Wait! You had trick or treaters? We had zero!! What will I ever do with all these Halloween pencils? Can I make a wreath with them?!

Netter said...

No treaters?! What the heck? Well, you probably could make a wreath with all those pencils. OK, I probably could...I don't know what your crafty skill level is. Donate them to a public school or to the local library.

Desperate Housewife said...

Oooh! That is COOL!

Netter said...

Hey DH! Thanks! You know, I am a pack rat and when you start digging through all the crap you keep, its easy to figure out something else to do with it.

sara said...

That is AWESOME!

Netter said...

Thanks Sara, I'm pretty fond of it myself.

Anonymous said...

Cool Beans! Wow nicely done.

MiYon said...

Whoa! You are amazing!!! That totally rocks!