Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy 60th Birthday MOM!

Today is my Mom's (Millie) birthday! She hit the big 60th. She didn't really want to acknowledge it but with me around, that isn't an option. I sent her flowers at work...so then everyone in the school would hear about it and wish her a very happy birthday. Sneaky, huh. If you want to read all about the birthday girl, read the 60 random things about my Mother.

The first picture is of Mom in their front yard with a yawning Grandbaby...aka Little Bunny Rue Rue. Someone was a tired girlie...OK, I'm sure they were both tired but Rue's not as good at hiding it as Mom is. Oh yeah, check out the links because they all lead to different pictures and stories about my Mom.


The second photo is Mom's high school graduation picture from 1965. Five years later, she had me. Lucky lady, huh.

The final picture is of Mom and her big brother Cecil, out on the farm. I never thought about it much but as I was looking at several copies of pictures of Mom as a baby, I found little similarities between her and Rue. Actually, I saw a little bit of Tisha too. Then again, everyone that knew Tisha as a baby, says Rue is her spitting image.



Anyway...wish my Mom a very Happy Birthday. She's taking care of Rue right now because Tisha and Dewey had to work....and let's face it, what a great present...Rue all to yourself.



Tonight she is going out to dinner with Aunt Vickie, Uncle John, Tisha, Dewey, Rue, Dad, Uncle Lonnie and Aunt Deanna....who knows who else.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 60th, Nett's mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Millie! Thanks for bringing Nett into the world!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Millie!!

Peg said...

I love Rue's face - just wanna hug her!

Happy Birthday to your mom! What a great tribute you have given her.

Peg

Netter said...

In Response to Raine's comment...

Yeah Mom, Thanks for not taking me out of this world too. I know there were more than a few moments when you thought very hard about smothering me. I know I was...I mean...I know I AM a handful at times. It's part of my charm. Thank goodness that your better judgement rang through on those days. Everyone would be bored if they didn't have my site to go to for family news (no, not gossip...NEWS) and various tom-foolery.

Millie said...

Thanks, everyone for the birthday wishes.. I REALLY don't feel 60, at least in the mind, some days my body sort of acknowledges that fact though, with aches and pains!!
And yes, it was great to spend my day with Rue.. She is so funny and a real kick to be around. Never know what she will try next.. She is starting to hear the word "NO" now that she is crawling all over the place and walking around things, but not venturing off on her own yet.. She's almost 10 months, but have a feeling she will do serious damage to my Christmas tree when the time comes!!

Rockstar Mom said...

Happy birthday to Netter's Mom! She's (Your Netter girl) is a hoot and a super good friend. Great job!!

Darlene said...

Happy belated birthday, Nett's mom!