Monday, August 27, 2007

Where did he put the cage?


I've been sleepwalking again. I did it when I was home on vacation and opened the curtains, shut off the ceiling fan, threw some yarn on the floor in the bedroom, and opened a paint pen and sat it on the piano. I never did find the package that it had been in. I have a strange feeling that it is in one of my parents closets.
Well, I know I was sleepwalking last night to. I woke up while I was strolling around the basement looking for a raccoon that was supposed to be in a cage. ??? Yes, I know that is what I was looking for because I was looking out the patio door when woke up and found myself saying, "Where did he put that raccoon? That cage should be around here somewhere." That is when I cocked my head sideways and thought to myself..."WTF am I talking about?!" It took me a few seconds to realize where I was standing and to figure out how to get back to my bedroom. This was at 4:16AM. Now I feel exhausted.
Last week, I think I had been strolling in my sleep too. I had changed the times on my alarm clock so that both alarms would go off in the afternoon, instead of the morning, thus I overslept. I know I had to have done it in the middle of the night because I remembered checking the alarm and setting it before I went to bed. I didn't have to switch the time because it was set at the normal time I get up, 6:45AM. and the second alarm was set at its normal time, 7AM. Some how, I had switched them to 3:36PM and 5:08PM.
I'm not enjoying these nighttime strolls, not one bit. I'm not sure what I can do to put an end to it though. Perhaps I should do some research on the matter.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're not enjoying the strolls, but I must tell you, I for one would highly enjoy it if you did some sleepblogging. Oh that would be fun!

Netter said...

You know, the sentence sturcture and spelling couldn't get any worse....lol, so why not! I'm not sure I can run a computer in my sleep. I have not figured out how to run door knobs in my sleep....yet.

You better not have jinxed me Raine, or you are in trouble.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about that! Are you stressed about something? Maybe that is bringing it on! I talk in my sleep when I have too much going on.

Good luck!!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

You need to put locks on the doors way up high. How do you know that you haven't opened doors yet. You are sleep walking. Netter I think you are getting old like your Aunt. You better be careful.

Rockstar Mom said...

Hey...just FYI. The killer who murdered my friend Friday night has just been captured in Long Island, NY. Let me know if they cover any of it in your news. I'm really curious. He's being transported back to Texas. We have the death penalty here and we kill a lot of criminals. I am not always a supporter of that. But in this case, I have lost a friend.

Thanks.

Netter said...

Vickie~ I am pretty sure I don't open doors. I know I never wake up out of my bedroom if my door is closed when I go to bed.

Marianne~ Goodness! I have not heard a thing about it but I will check the news and the paper. How sad.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! You best be careful where you go walkin'. I've heard people that do usually have something heavy on their mind.

Netter said...

Andi~ You know, I have heard that before, but I really don't have anything bothering me....so I have no idea why I'm doing this again. I never strolled around like this as a kid.

Desperate Housewife said...

I find the whole idea of sleepwalking a little creepy.
Plus, what if you take off your clothes and walk down the street?

Anonymous said...

Omg, Nett!! LOL I'm sorry if it's not supposed to be humorous but I can't help it... the raccoon cracks me up. :D What bizarre times to reset your alarm for. ?!?

Hey, I like Rain's idea of sleepblogging!!!

Kare said...

Sleep blogging would be hilarious.
I also wonder about what DH said. That would be embarrasing.
It's kind of strange that this is happening to you now.

Netter said...

DH~ You are freaking me out! Thank goodness I feel better dressed, because if I was someone that felt better naked, I'd be in deep trouble.

Miyon~ I know, Raccoon in a cage of all things! Strange. Sleep blogging would not be good. Raine tells me I shouldn't blog when I'm tired because I sould like a nutcase. Just imagine how I would sound in my sleep. snooooorrreeeee.

Netter said...

Kare~ Yeah, I can't figure out why in the last few years I have random events of sleepwalking. I never did it as a kid, or when I was younger. I find the whole experience annoying as hell.

Darlene said...

OMG Sorry nett, I can't stop laughing. My mom sleepwalks & makes toast. We used to get up & she'd be standing next to the toaster shovelling toast & jam in her mouth, all the while her eyes would be closed. She would flat out deny that she did it until she'd see the mess in the kitchen in the morning.

Cindy said...

Our whole family is a little crazy. We all have our idiosyncracies. Netter just walks in her sleep. I wished that I lived with her, I could really make something up. Make her think that she did something really crazy in her sleep. Maybe I ought to talk to Sam. This would be a good April Fool's prank.

Cindy

Netter said...

Remind me that I never want to live with my cousin Cindy...not even when we are both old and pathetic.

Let me tell you, I really don't like this walking in my sleep business. I just don't understand why I am doing it now. I never did it as a child or even 5 years ago.

Millie said...

Netter;
I think you need to pay another visit to Bobby and have a chat w/uncle Randy.. think about it. after that is when the sleepwalking started as far as I can remember.....am I right??think hard about it!!!He always use to like to mess with your mind, maybe he is still doing it to let you know he's still there..