Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh Dear Lord, NOOOOOO!

Sam agreed to watch the neighbors dogs while they were in Hawaii, celebrating Paula's 50th birthday in the 50th state. They have friends spending the night to keep the dogs company but from 7AM to 7PM they need to be let out. The dogs are used to going to work with Paula and Jeff so they are used to the interaction and the frequent potty breaks.

Sooo, Sam decided to go with his Mom to take care of his 7 month old niece for the week. Than means I get to, nope HAVE to watch the dogs. Now, don't get me wrong, Marley and Lola are great girls and I would never add to pre-trip jitters by leaving them high and dry for a day time dog sitter. I go over every couple of hours, give them some attention, check their water bowls, let them out to do their business, pet them until my arms want to fall off. It all sounds pretty fun, right. WELL, Miss Marley must have wolfed down her food this morning because when I got there, she was acting funny. I thought maybe she just missed her Masters. WE are in the kitchen, heading to the back yard and suddenly she starts making a funny sound, I turn just in time to see her blow chunks all over the floor. OMG, I get to clean dog barf. Not a little bit either. Nope, a whole mother load of puke. Not to fear, I checked on Marley several extra times this morning and she was back to her old self, running around like a nutcase.

All I have to say is Sam owes me for this one. OWES ME BIG TIME. You just know that the dog won't hurl while he's taking care of it. Nope, she saves the fun stuff for old Netter.

I left a note for Bill and Judy, the night time sitters. I wouldn't let anyone walk blind into a barfing dog situation. A heads up is only fair, don't you think.

**Note** Still no dog pictures because the pictures won't download. I'm working on it. Give me a couple of days.

8 comments:

Kare said...

I'm learning as you are that dogs never barf "just a bit".
hahaha
I can't help but giggle, Netter. You're a trooper!

Netter said...

Ugh. Dog vomit smells worse than dog poo. I can't handle chunks either.

Anonymous said...

Ick. Pets are always horking up their dinners.

Anonymous said...

Ick.

Anonymous said...

Update: The cat horked in my bedroom and then the hallway last night. Then my hub cleaned it up with this stuff that gassed me out of the bedroom! I had to reclean the floor and then set a fan on it to blow the smell out of the room. Sheesh! Stupid cat!

Millie said...

Number one reason why I don't like animals!!!! Cleaning up after your kids is one thing, cause you helped bring them into the world, but animals...NO WAY, JOSE!!!I don't care how "cute and cuddly" they are I just won't have them in my house,yard,vicinity or life!!That is pretty plainly said, isn't it?????

Anonymous said...

GAG

Anonymous said...

x_x Bless your kind soul. lol