Sunday, May 20, 2007

Under supervision...


So today was the day that Sam had some of his Science project pals over to work on their big visual display. They needed to build a 3 foot by 3 foot jail of sorts to house their giant molecule. Don't asked me what the technical term of it is. I don't do the book learnin' I'm the contractor in charge of the dirty work. I went with Sam to Home Depo on Friday to pick up a crap load of supplies. We brain stormed and eyed materials before I came up with the easiest and cheapest way to do this thing. So, today I manned the jigsaw and did some prep work, like find the correct size drill bit so the dowels "bars" would fit into the pilot holes. I thought I was the only supervisor but we soon discovered that there was a pigeon on the roof that kept a close eye on all of us. He'd keep moving around but he was intently watching what we were doing. I was sure he was waiting for us to leave so he could drop a few poop bombs on the car. After all it was clean, those "rats with wings" love to mess up clean paint jobs. Anyway, we are letting the paint dry and the boys will be getting the rest of it done in the next few days. It's due on Friday, which means I have to take the seats out of the van to transport it. A nannies job is never done.
Funniest moment of the afternoon is a toss up between Nancy opening the door when they were almost done and shouting, "Holy Shit!" because she was surprised that it looked as good as it did and in such a short amount of time...OR.... When the boys were almost done drilling the holes for the bars and said that they only had one side left to drill. I said, "Nope you have three sides left." They looked at me funny and I said, "Think about it, you will get it." but when they still didn't get it and tried to argue with me, I said, "You have to drill the top holes, so that means you have to do the two parallel sides on the inside." To which I got a long, "OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!" My Parents raised a mechanically inclined daughter...those chumps should know this by now, sheesh!

7 comments:

Kare said...

That's one big molecule jail! molecules must have grown since I was in school. lol.
It looks like it was fun. Awesome of you to sit back and let the kids do most of the work. I suck at that. I take over.

Unknown said...

COOL!
Except for the pigeons did they ever let loose a bomb?

Rockstar Mom said...

I swear Netters, you are the bestest Nanny EVER!

Netter said...

Actually it was just one pigeon, he kept moving around but seemed really concerned by what we were doing. The boys got rid of him....no, they didn't kill him but they did try to bean him with a rock.

Anonymous said...

That pigeon was probably laughing the whole time saying ha ha look who's in the cage now!

Chelie said...

That cage looks nice, and those pics of the pigeon crack me up for some reason, lol

Anonymous said...

Maybe the pigeon was thinking the cube would make a nice bird house, hmm... Netter, I need you to teach me how to use a drill. I can't believe I don't know how to put one of those things together. Sheesh! You are definitely an extra good nanny!