Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Son of a....


Well, I got my first parking ticket today. I hate RVC....that town has the worst parking. I ran over to the shoe repair place to have several things fixed. I parked on the street just 4 stores down from where I was going. I fed the meter with a bright dime. I had a quarter but I wanted to stop at the Hallmark store and that place takes forever...so I was saving the quarter for my half hour stop as apposed to my t0 minute stop. Anyway, the old guy that runs the store was looking for a new lobster claw clasp for my purse strap. It took a little bit, plus he fixed it right then and there, which took a whole minute tops. Anyway, he had to write up the shoes and the bag. I prepaid and he had to give me the change. I mean, really it didn't seem like I was there that long. I was watching the time though and I knew I should get back.

I stepped out the door and I see that little rat slipping the ticket under my windshield wiper. I looked at my watch and that meter had not even been expired for a full minute yet. Now what drives me nuts is that I don't know how many times I have parked next to cars in RVC that have had expired meters and when I come back from my lengthy errands they are still there without a ticket. I'm a matter of seconds late and what happens...I get a ticket for $25.00, but that is if I pay it within 10 days...otherwise it goes up. Grrrrr. This is why I usually over pay for my parking, but I just didn't have the change to do it this time. I better go write a check right now. After that, I'm going to go put a film container full of quarters and dimes in the drawer under the passenger seat. That way nobody will take off with my change and I will always have back up meter money. I've done this before but they sneak off with my stash if I keep it in the glove box.

11 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

Oowww. That super sucks. I am sorry Netter.

Desperate Housewife said...

Doesn't that just suck? I got my first speeding ticket last year... $169!!

Peg said...

I agree with the previous posts. The weather where you live has been enough of a bummer. I'll do my Sun Salutation facing east & try to send it your way.

Netter said...

Yeah well, what are you going to do!

I swear, this is why I never break the law, or park...even for a second in an area that posts against it. I am not lucky when it comes to this kind of thing. Everyone and their dog could do it...and never get caught. I'd get nailed.

DH...WOW, that was some ticket. Whew!

Peg..Send it...Please send it my way.

Anonymous said...

WOW.. Don't you love the irony!!


Hope your week gets better!!

Mandy

Kimberly said...

ugh - Damned meter maids! I haven't gotten a parking ticket.........yet (knock on wood) - but I have gotten a speeding ticket - freaking hate tickets! Sorry girl :(

Unknown said...

oh man that so sucks!

Court said...

Sorry!! : )

Anonymous said...

Whats this everybody being nice and feeling sorry for you. I say you do the crime you do the time. So you finally got caught braking the law. Just kidding.

Netter said...

Unlike some members of this family, I try not to break laws, unless of course it is Postal laws...I just plan to blame that on John.

Anonymous said...

Yup, that sucks eggs, Nett. At least you don't have to spend any time with Mr. George Know-It-All. You'd be wanting to stick needles in your eyes before the day was done.