Thursday, April 19, 2007

My thoughts on...Twitter.

I love Twitter.com. I love my little sidebar link and update. I love checking back in to see what my pals on my buddy list have to say for themselves. I love writing in 140 spaces or less, what is popping out of my head, at any given moment.

The thing that drives me nuts about Twitter. The people that are just buddy hogs. They don't really update, they just add people as their friend so they have a huge friends list. I don't just add them...I go to their page and check them out. If they have not left a comment for several days, I nudge them. If they start leaving comments again, I add them to my friends list. Well, except for the guy that used the "N" word in his user name. I don't like the word and didn't want it listed on my friends page. I know in a way that is censorship, but I don't want to encourage the use of that particular word.
Then there is the guy that denied my nudge. He has a few thousand friends on his list and he has one post. ONE, so I nudged him and I got a notice that he wasn't accepting nudges. So I denied him a place on my friends list until he starts posting again. Hey, its my Twitter, and a gal has to be picky who she allows into her friends column. lol, that sounded a little dirty.


OH...and if anyone wants to know who got me hooked on this Twitter Crack...it was Raine. She's always giving good recommendations

Anyway, I'm off to run errands. FUN FUN.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

No shout out to the friend who introduced you to the fun world of twitter? Hmmm...next time I have something cool to share I might have to hold it back then. Yes, I'm evil like that.

Netter said...

I adjusted my post to give you the credit you deserve. How was Chris' birthday yesterday?

Anonymous said...

Alright, I'll keep you on my list then. :) It was fun we went bowling...in our living room.

Unknown said...

lmao I know what you mean I denied three people this morning just because they didn't talk at all.

Court said...

What is twitter? I must go look and see. Somthing else to hook me to the computer huh? Oh well. I will take a look see.

Anonymous said...

Raine I want to know about this bowling in the living room. Sounds fun can't say I have done that one.

Netter said...

vickie, you have to buy one of those new Wii gaming systems, then you could bowl in the house too.

Anonymous said...

I thought is was something kinky. Oh . I see youre shopping for wine think of me when you do.

Netter said...

I did find a few good ones...Night Harvest and Liberty. I'll send you the details on it. Night harvest only runs about 9 bucks...but Liberty is closer to 20.00.

I do think of you Aunt Vic, I think...wow, that Vic sure is turning into a lush....lol.

Cindy said...

I know I do not update all of the time, but I try to a couple of times a week.

Anonymous said...

I never knew you were a wine drinker Nett!

Anonymous said...

Twitter? Oh dear, I could get all into my head on that website. I'd better stay away from that one. LOL

Desperate Housewife said...

Twitter? What is this Twitter of which you speak? Is it like Facebook?

Netter said...

DH~ Do you see the reddish square to right, just under my profile. That is a twitter box and it is a wonderful thing. Get one, get one, get one....I'll send you a link.

MiYon said...

Sorry, haven't updated at all or personalized my page. I got your Facebook invitation, too. Will try to get to Twitter soon, though! Did I deny your nudge? I didn't realize it was from you personally!