Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Stop breaking bottles!

For the second time in two weeks, someone has broken a Snapple bottle in front of the house. It's not like its just a little mess that is easily cleaned up. Nope, they shattered the bottles to kingdom come! It takes forever to clean it up.

Sure, I could wait for the street sweeper to come buy this spring and toss it all over or I can do it myself and get every single sliver. Yep...you guessed it, I got the broom out again and went to work. Today it was even in the grass, it must have bounced. This is a family neighborhood. There are lots of older people who go for walks and mothers with young kids who ride bikes or go for rides in strollers. I'm always afraid that one of those kids will crash and burn in the broken glass.

The first time I just assumed that someone sat the bottle on their car and it fell off as they were driving. I was just being nice because the thought of someone tossing it out the window would have driven me nuts. Anyway, this morning I found another bottle shattered in just about the same area. Now I'm pissed. So help me...If this becomes a weekly thing, I'm going to sit in the damn bushes until I catch the little prick doing it. All I need is a good look at the tosser and the lisc. plate number. Its probably the kids I yelled at for tossing their trash by the curb when they were waiting for their friend across the street. I made them pick it up and they were not so happy about it, but they did it. I can't stand litter bugs. Find a trash can, for Pete's sake! It's not that hard.

19 comments:

Kare said...

It's a pain, isn't it.
Netter, you are very daring to yell at kids. Tire may be slashed, windows broken. Isn't that awful?
You're a good person to clean it up. Pissed or not.
: )

Desperate Housewife said...

The Boy knows all about litter and litterbugs. In fact, he even saw someone throw a cigarette butt out their car window, and he commented that they were litterbugs.

Netter said...

Kare~ It's not like I screamed at them. I just said I wrote down their lisc plate and they had two choices. Either they pick up the trash they just tossed in the yard or I could call the cops and they can come give them a ticket. I told them I didn't care what they did in front of their house...but they didn't need to litter on my block. I'm going to talk to my neighbor Terry about it. They were waiting for her son. I'm just going to have her relay a message for me. Plus, I know Terry will rip them a new one. She's a no nonesense kind of gal.

DH~ You have to start them young. I just can't stand seeing trash blowing around because people were to lazy to put it in a can. It's just gross. I get just as irritated when cigs are tossed out windows. Woodsy Owl always said, Give a whoot, don't polute..and that Forest Ranger Bear said to prevent forest fires. I guess it stuck with me.

Anonymous said...

Now I have a mental picture of you, out front the house, shaking your fist in the air, yelling "Those damn kids!" and with curlers in your hair and that nifty little net kercheif over 'em.

Netter said...

WAIT A MINUTE! How the heck did you know I was dressed like that when I gave them the what-fore! Have you been coming out to LI and not telling me?

Rockstar Mom said...

Like Matt Damon, she's stalking you Netter.

Netter said...

I'm telling you, she's good at it! It's a real talent.

Darlene said...

You need a pellet gun - or a sling shot.

Netter said...

I'm thinking that a firehose would work really well. Yep, right through their window. That would serve them right!

Unknown said...

Hey I have a sling shot I could send ya.... LOL I will even throw in some rocks for you to use with it. Or I could sneak some paintballs from my son...hehe

Anonymous said...

Sorry your having to clean the outdoors!! LOL

Atleast someone is nice enough to clean it!!

I have new pics of Becca and you should be getting on soon!

Have a better day!!!
Mandy

Anonymous said...

I sympathize. It's a pain. Where's that Smoky the Bear when you need him.. remember the commercial about littering.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand people throwing out trash from the car. or dumping it in the parking lots. How can people be so damn lazy. Look along the roads side the next time you are back they are full of plastic pop bottles. You don't want to get me started its a pet peeve of mine. Oh yea Raine must really know you because she decribed you to a tee.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes Nett, I spy on you ALL THE TIME...and what I really want to know is who was that strapping tall guy wearing a Canadian Maple Leaf T-shirt sneaking out of your basement backdoor at 3 a.m. on Saturday?Inquring minds wanna know.

Priscilla said...

I hate getting trash in front of my house. People walk by and just drops stuff all the time.
Just Rude.

Anonymous said...

Little brats! Make sure to tell them that you know their mother! lol

Court said...

That is so annoying. It really burns me because I am trying to set an example for my kids then when they see others have done it they think they can. And I have to stay on them about it all the time. Good luck with the problem hope you get it resolved.

Millie said...

I don't like trash either, but I can handle picking up bottles, cans and papers.. what I can't stand and what really pisses me off the most is PETS and PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM.. fine, but when they need to do their business, keep them in your own yard. I don't like it in mine, maybe that is why I dislike animals and refuse to have any!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I should get some of that dog,cat and animal repellent that they sell.. that would really tick some people off, if their animals ran for the hills when they sniffed it!!!!!

Wolfgang (pronounced Voolf-gong) said...

Someone shattered a full beer bottle in in the audience right before The Second City performance. It smelled like frat throughout the entire show.