Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Annoying things that I do...Number 2

This doesn't really bother me...but it drives everyone else nuts.

Some people think that I never tie my shoes. I do. I really do. It's just that they come untied. I know what you are thinking. Netter doesn't tie her shoes correctly. Well, that isn't true. I do, they just come untied. I think its worse when you have those round shoelaces. The flat kind stay tied longer. Anyway, I am constantly being told that my lace is untied. I don't find it annoying...its just part of the deal. Actually, if I had a buck for every time some old lady told me about my dragging laces... I'd be rich!

The funniest part is that everyone thinks that I will trip and break my neck. I think the odds are in my favor. Seriously! I can count on one hand the number of times I have tripped on my laces. I think it has something to do with the way I walk. I take long strides so my feet never step down near each other, unless I am walking with someone slooooow. That about kills me though. I once spent an entire day with a slow walker and realized that there are only so many hours that I can take baby steps before I want to throw myself in front of a taxi or a bus. Oh, its one thing when you have a kid with you or an elderly person...but not someone only a few years older than me.

16 comments:

Darlene said...

Ooh, I hate slow walkers. The only thing worse than walking beside a slow walker is walking behind one. I keep thinking of the 'Simpsons' episode where Homer was following a tutrle to find the meaning of life and he eventually kicked him across the horizon. I'd like to do that.

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about me???? I TOLD you my legs are shorter than yours are that's why I have to walk slower. You and Christopher are both speed walkers with much longer legs. And now I would be really careful if I was you. You might have just jinxed yourself with the "I never trip" proclamation...

Netter said...

NOOOO, I wasn't talking about you Raine. You walk rather fast for having such tiny lets...beides, you are younger than me.

I didn't jinx myself.

Netter said...

lol...I meant for having such tiny legs.

Unknown said...

I love your annoying list! I can NOT stand slow walkers. Even in the stores I walk extremely fast and hate having to wait up for hubby and the kids. ;p

Netter said...

Brandy~ Yeah this annoying thing is kind of fun, isn't it. I'm a pretty fast walker. I gain speed as I walk...I can't help it. Don't you just love people who stop right in front of you and all they had to do was step out of the way.

Anonymous said...

Yup, my kids shoes always came with those round nylon laces that NEVER stayed tied! They never tripped over their laces either. What's next on the list?

Netter said...

Sue~ I'm not sure what I should list next. I know I must do lots of annoying things but my mind is blank at the moment. It will come to me.

Kare said...

Slow walkers are very annoying. Sounds like all your blogging friends are fast walkers, Netter.
And round laces always come untied. Are your laces round?

Anonymous said...

Hey whatever happen to velcro shoes? I double tie my shoe laces or else it's inevitable they will come untied.

Anonymous said...

Net you are clutsie enough you don't need untied shoe to trip.Andi beat me I was going to tell you to buy velcro shoes. Problem solve.

Priscilla said...

People who walk slow and then stop in the middle of the walkway drives me nuts. Then they look at me like I just stabed them when I say excuse me to get by.

Tami said...

I HATE those round laces - that's all they put on kids' shoes. Plus they bunch up in places like a knot only you can't get it out.

But - all is not lost - soon it will be sandal season.

Millie said...

O.K. Net, I know the slow walker you are referring to and it's not me THIS TIME! but I'm probably the 2nd slowest on your list... By the way, what ever happened to her (the slow walker),I haven't heard anything about her lately from her relatives.....

Millie said...

O.K. Net, I know the slow walker you are referring to and it's not me THIS TIME! but I'm probably the 2nd slowest on your list... By the way, what ever happened to her (the slow walker),I haven't heard anything about her lately from her relatives.....

Millie said...

O.K. so I punched it twice.. it's Friday.. what more of an excuse do you want??????