Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm putting this on the fridge

Man, I'm living with some grumpy people right now. They have been up later than normal and are bears. The funny part is that I've been up later than everyone and you don't see me growling around. I've been in a pretty decent, but tired mood.

The main issue is that I live with complainers who won't let things go. They are far worse than I have ever been in that respect. Sometimes it drives me crazy because it usually isn't something that they can change or if it is, they don't really put the time or effort into actually making a difference.

Cliff was complaining, no bitching... about all the winter coats on the stair railing on the first floor. He wanted to know why nobody was hanging up their coats. This is the moment that I have to decide how bitchy I want to be. Do I let it go and ignore him or point out that every single coat and jacket on that railing is his. EVERY SINGLE ONE! So I played dumb...and said I was pretty sure my coats were hung up and asked who's coats he saw on the railing. He walks over, starts tossing them around and then got very quiet. LOL, yeah, oh yeah.....now, I could let it go but that's not as much fun. I walked around the corner and said, "So what is the scoop? Who has not been hanging up their coats?" My hands are on my hips, and I have a major smirk on my face. He looks at me and says, "Oops!" Normally, I walk around hanging up coats and jackets. It drives me nuts so a couple of weeks ago, I stopped. I figured the pile up would get on someones nerves eventually. Everyone else noticed and hung up their own belongings.

9 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

Bwahahahaha! That is flippin' hilarious. Passive Aggressive...you are a beaut! I can just see you standing there with your hands on your hips. This sssooo sounds like something I'd do.

Jeez, if we lived close to eachother we'd be such good friends.

Oh, and Netters, get this...

Last night, I was just pissed. I was just grumpy and pissed. And I pulled in the driveway and noticed that the Christmas lights are still on my house. It is friggin March and my redneck boy-friend has not taken them down.

So I got in the house and I went to bed. And I woke up at 7:00PM and both the boy-friend and the kid are looking at me with big sad eyes and their tummies were grumbling.

They will sit and stare at the computer before they make themselves something to eat. Holy Hotdogs Batman I am living among dorks.

And they don't hang up their jackets either.

Netter said...

I know, I know, i just can't help it. If I just told him that they were all his jackets, it wouldn't stick in his head as long. I throw away his soda bottles and cans that he leaves empty and sitting on the counter, 4 feet from the recycling bin. I just have to pick my battles.

I think we would be trouble if we lived close to each other. We'd be ganging up on people. They'd hate us.

Awww...the helpless! Cliff would eat cereal if he was hungry...maybe some soup if I had taken it out of the freezer to thaw ahead of time. It's kind of sad.

He had seven coats on the railing...SEVEN. It exhausts me.

lol, by the way, you called me "Netters"...that is what Katies Dad Calls me, but in a possesive manner. He says things like this: "Does my Netters want me to make her some popcorn?" It's kind of cute.

Anonymous said...

I think it's very comical how you are basically a "wife" in many ways having to put up with "wifely" things even though you aren't married.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean.

Kent will coming in and take a shower and leave ALL OF HIS CLOTHES ON THE FLOOR!!!! All of the humanity!! LOL

And then he will complain (to put it nicely)that he has no clean clothes.. I told him when he gets them in the basket or by the washer (4 steps from the bathroom) I will wash them!! **stands with arms crossed**

I also agree that you have to pick your battles... MEN what can you say!!

Mandy

Lucy said...

Actually I think anyone with teenagers in the house (like me) should have that sign posted in every room!!

Priscilla said...

My sign has a PS "if you talk to me it will be another $10.00. $10.00 if you want me to answer, and $10.00 if you want a me to answer nicely".
No one pays attention to that sign.

Anonymous said...

Yup, this all sounds very familiar. I don't know how many times I've asked the free-loaders around here to do this or that - and I'm supposed to be polite about it even after the 10,000th time I've asked the very same person the very same thing. Arg! My conclusion is: They do it on purpose.

I've not had anyone ever complain about something that they did that they don't like. That certainly takes the cake. All I can say is, your GOOD Netter! Touche!

Unknown said...

I dont have this problem in my house. The kids actually take theirs to their rooms. And the hubby has a hook in the hallway where he puts his. Its pretty nice...

Now if that was me I would have been a smart butt 100%, but you know what I have to deal with so it would have been so worth getting my licks in.... Tee Hee!

Cindy said...

That is such a man for you.