Friday, February 09, 2007

Wait a minute! Where did I put those segments?

Yeah, its scary but I loose stuff all the time. Stuff I just had. I JUST HAD IT! I have not left the room. How in the hell could I have lost something when I wasn't out of a three foot by three foot area since I last had it? Will someone please explain that to me.

I think some items just need to be lost for a little while. It's just something in their make-up that calls for a game of hide and seek. For example.... scissors. Of course, I'm usually sitting on them or they are tucked under the edge of the sofa or in the cushions or under a magazine. I have a cute little pair of scissors that I have thought about putting ribbon through and hanging them around my neck but with my luck I will forget I have them on and trip down the stairs and be stabbed with my new adornment. Next on the list is the pair of socks I took out of the drawer to wear with my outfit. For some reason I never put them on right away, probably because I like my feet to really dry out after a shower. Even after towel drying them, they still feel moist and moist feet remind me of hot feet and I don't do hot feet. Anyway, I will carry them around with me for a little bit, getting my ducks in a row for the day and suddenly its time to put on the socks....but where the hell are they?! I retrace my steps 3 times before I finally find them. Then we have cell phones. First you about kill yourself trying to find it as it is ringing in your purse. It's never where you put it and you just know it will be one of your freak friends calling, the ones that never leave messages. Why is that! The voice mail already picked up...leave a message for goodness sake! I think they do it to drive me nuts. Anyway, I had had several calls on my cell before I left the house last Sunday. I remember picking up the phone to put in my purse so I wouldn't for get it. I know I was side tracked by other things but it really wasn't such a big deal. Anyway, later I am at the Movies with a friend. The previews come on and the theater darkens and I suddenly realize I need to shut off the cell phone. I start digging in my purse in the dark but I'm sure its not in there. I figure I left it at home. I made it through the whole movie and as I am putting my coat on I feel something in the front pocket of my sweat shirt. You know the hoodie kind with the kangaroo pocket on the front where you put your hands in the two side slits and you can hold your own hands....well anyway, there was my cell phone, STILL turned on. Now if that sucker had gone off in the theatre during the movie...#1 it would have scared the crap out of me. I have it set on music (very loud) and vibrate and it would have been quite a shock. #2 I would have been so embarrassed and pissed at myself because I hate it when other people don't turn off their phones. So Annoying!

Sure part of the time my problem is I am multi tasking and have 10 things going through my head at one time. What about the other times when I am a task master and I'm not distracted?! Huh, Huh...what about then?! Brain fart perhaps? I think sometimes its just like Men's fridge blindness. You know, where they stand there for 10 minutes asking if you have certain things in the fridge because they are blinding by the cold air and bright light from the fridge light bulb. You tell them, over and over, that what they are looking for is in there and still they can't see it. So you stop what you are doing, walk in there and pull it out of the front row, like a magician pulling a rabbit out of his hat. I swear if you taped a Hundred Dollar bill in there, they would find it in .oo1 seconds flat.

Anyway, I have to go search for a lost sock in the laundry. I know I put it in the washer and in the dryer...but now that I have folded everything I am short one of them. Who knows, maybe it had static build up and its on my butt. I better double check before I go the dry cleaners and the grocery store.

No comments: