Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The first butchering of Netter's hair...posted per Mom's request. .

Ok, this is what I looked like prior to the first haircut. No bangs to speak of. (happy)

This is what I looked like when my Mother did her special voodoo haircutting prep work. Chop, chop. (strange but still happy)

This is what I looked like after my Mother cut my hair and I got a look at it. Bangs. (very unhappy) Well, it was my first haircut and didn't think it would grow back...is it any wonder. Not to mention that my Mother cut my hair. That is enough to scar anyone for life.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww poor Netter! I had some of them haircuts as a kid. Thank Goodness for Beauty parlors now!! tee hee

Anonymous said...

Bangs or no bangs, you were a little cutie!

Cindy said...

You poor mistreated soul. I am playing the world's smallest violin for you.

Darlene said...

My hair was soooo curly when I was a kid - I'm talking afro. For my 1st haircut, the hairdresser couldn't even get a comb through it. She just grabbed it in clumps and cut it off right to the skull. I looked like a little boy for about 2 years.

Rockstar Mom said...

This is hilarious! I think all mom's of the 70's attempted to cut their children's hair at one point or another. My cousin had a horrible third grade picture. His bangs were hideous. You guessed it....my Aunt cut them.

I think our mom's were surpressing their desire to attend cosmotology school.

Desperate Housewife said...

I've trimmed the Boy's bangs twice. All I can say is it's a good thing I didn't become a hairstylist like my mother always wanted.

Kare said...

You were a cute kid!
Good job, Netter's mom!
My mom always cut my hair too. She even gave me perms. And she never apologized.
ever.
she really should have.

Anonymous said...

LOL I thought you were wearing a wig in that second photo. *snicker* Still cute, though. ;)

Netter said...

lol, yeah it does kind of look like a wig...but its my hair in a ponytail.